Cillian Murphy Leads the Cast of Oppenheimer

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
KEM
Man I can’t wait, love the love that Cillian is getting, this is gonna be amazing!!

Wonder if Nolan is gonna age or de-age Murphy over the course of the film? Based on other characters cast, Murphy is likely playing Oppenheimer for over a 25-30 year range at least. Can't see him using CGI...

radewart wrote:
December 13th, 2021, 12:14 am
Wonder if Nolan is gonna age or de-age Murphy over the course of the film? Based on other characters cast, Murphy is likely playing Oppenheimer for over a 25-30 year range at least. Can't see him using CGI...
There is zero chance he uses CGI lol.

Murphy has an interview with Rolling Stone magazine where he is talking about Peaky Blinders, nothing about Oppenheimer, but it does mention he's currently in Los Angeles preparing for a role.

radewart wrote:
January 11th, 2022, 4:38 pm
Murphy has an interview with Rolling Stone magazine where he is talking about Peaky Blinders, nothing about Oppenheimer, but it does mention he's currently in Los Angeles preparing for a role.
yay!

Found this little blurb in something Murphy gave to Interview magazine

"SMITH: It’s my calling card. What are you working on at the moment?

MURPHY: I am prepping a film called Oppenheimer, a Chris Nolan picture. It’s about Robert Oppenheimer, the father of the atomic bomb. I’m playing him, so it’s kind of a biopic. So we start that soon. Right now, I’m in the middle of trying to understand quantum mechanics. [Laughs]

SMITH: And how do you feel about quantum mechanics?

MURPHY: Piece of piss."

https://www.interviewmagazine.com/music ... h-yard-act

:lol: :clap:

Ace

This year, Nolan called again. Word had already been circulating about a new $100m project, Oppenheimer: an adaption of the Pulitzer Prize-winning biography American Prometheus, by Kai Bird and Martin J Sherwin, which recounts the troubled life of the theoretical physicist and “father of the atomic bomb”. This time, Nolan wasn’t thinking of a supporting role for Murphy: he wanted him for Robert J Oppenheimer himself.

Presumably, he didn’t have to mull that one over for long. “Oh my god, no!” says Murphy. “It’s the first time he’s cast me in a lead, which I’m still a bit in shock about, but I’m thrilled. It’s a huge part and a lot of work. But in my estimation, you’re working with one of the greatest living directors, so you’re in safe hands.”

As we walk round the lighthouse and make our way back down the pier, he says what he can about Oppenheimer, which, like all Nolan productions, means not a great deal. “The difference with this one is the story is there, everybody knows what happened. But Chris is telling it in a different way, as with Chris you would expect. That’s all I can say.” Is it focused on a particular period of his life? The Manhattan Project, perchance? “I’m not going to say. They’d kill me — they’re so strict!”

Murphy has already begun his research, which will be typically thorough. “There’s a wealth of stuff out there and I will read it all. I am never, ever going to understand quantum mechanics, no matter how hard or how many times people try to explain it to me. There’s 0.0001 per cent of the population on the planet who have the brainpower to understand that. But I can begin to understand, conceptually, what those guys were trying to do.”

It’s another role which, like Tommy Shelby, seems certain to be absorbing and difficult. Later in life, Oppenheimer was openly devastated about his involvement in creating a weapon of mass destruction that killed millions (he was also investigated by the FBI for left-wing leanings and had a tricky love life for good measure). But, as Murphy says when talking about being in Grief is the Thing with Feathers, Enda Walsh’s 2019 stage adaptation of Max Porter’s novel about a bereaved husband, it’s a mode to which he can’t help but be drawn.

"But Chris is telling it in a different way"

Hmm... so not a straightfoward biopic, wonder what Nolan has up his sleeve?

You can already feel that the anticipation is here! This is exciting!

And this little press tour he's kind of doing reminds me of all the Robert Pattinson's press tour stuff we had during the preparation of Tenet(when he was promoting High Life etc...) and when it was an opportunity to ask him some little teasing/details about it etc... It was great!

Filming at the end of the month normally, we're so close now. :gonf: :gonf: