Teaser Trailer

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
We should find out by tomorrow by the latest if there is going to be a teaser with Nope

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe we found out about TENET's teaser trailer via a random tweet from someone who worked at a cinema?
There was nothing official from WB

Yes, the day before.

Nope is from Universal, who's distributing Oppenheimer. However Bullet Train is out in early August, which is when the Dunkirk and Tenet teasers dropped, so it could go either way.

DylanHoang wrote:
July 19th, 2022, 4:46 pm
blackColumn wrote:
July 19th, 2022, 12:07 pm
Tarssauce wrote:
July 19th, 2022, 4:00 am
Nothing’s for certain of course but it’s just the perfect date. Exactly one year away and attached to
You are assuming they will stay true to release date. Studios don't do that anymore.
Until they actually move things, it's all we can assume. There's no reason to throw a blanket statement of "well it's gonna move" anytime a release date is announced, that's just too pessimistic of a world view. As of now, Oppenheimer is releasing next July, and for the past decade of Nolan's career, his teasers have dropped about a year in advance. He's proven time and time again to be a man of strict belief, whether it be shooting on film, on IMAX, practical fx and marketing strategy. With his past five films following a near identical teaser-release strategy and everything with NOPE solidifying it as the candidate to be, all signs point towards a trailer.

If not NOPE, then as someone else mentioned before, BULLET TRAIN is the likely runner-up. I think Nope is going to be very successful though, perhaps not immediately (though I do see its opening weekend being very strong) but WOM is gonna be good. I'm sure Universal and Nolan will stick to his tradition and attach it there. It'll get good exposure and it just makes too much sense.
Interestingly both Nope and Bullet Train are R rated films, so not the best exposure possible.

'Nope' is expected to make 50 million dollars this weekend. I doubt 'Oppenheimer' even comes remotely close to that number next year during its opening weekend. Playing a teaser in front of it would be fine.

Ace
The Halloween Ends trailer leaked before it was released officially yesterday because Universal sent it to theatres to go in front of “NOPE.” No mention of a Oppenheimer teaser in the trailer bundles. It could still be sent later or a IMAX exclusive.

The Halloween Kills trailer also leaked last year because Universal sent it as a unlocked file. Encrypted trailer files seems to be a WB thing (they did that with previous Nolan teasers). If Universal does send an Oppenheimer teaser, it'll be very last minute, maybe hours before Nope starts screening.

Oku
Fingers still crossed, but it's looking more and more likely that it's not happening :(

EOLB wrote:
July 20th, 2022, 2:56 am
'Nope' is expected to make 50 million dollars this weekend. I doubt 'Oppenheimer' even comes remotely close to that number next year during its opening weekend. Playing a teaser in front of it would be fine.
Dunkirk did 50M opening, with right marketing don’t see why this can’t either.