Teaser Trailer

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Insomniac wrote:
June 3rd, 2022, 7:18 am
So do we think Nolan has learned any lessons from the Tenet era
Well, what exactly was he supposed to learn from that?

DHOPW42 wrote:
June 3rd, 2022, 8:52 am
Insomniac wrote:
June 3rd, 2022, 7:18 am
So do we think Nolan has learned any lessons from the Tenet era
Well, what exactly was he supposed to learn from that?
That his "movie theater savior" image (regardless of how exaggerated by the media it might be) is not popular.

Yeah I hope he ditches the theater exclusive thing. Let it debut in theaters as usual but released online soon after.

I was looking at the Tenet teaser trailer thread. Good times.

Tarssauce wrote:
June 3rd, 2022, 12:38 pm
Yeah I hope he ditches the theater exclusive thing. Let it debut in theaters as usual but released online soon after.

Theater exclusive thing? Like the majority of movies are doing right now? I don’t understand the need for it to rush to digital quickly either? If people want to watch they’ll watch.

I'm pretty sure three months of threatrical exclusivity are part of the deal he made with Universal Pictures.

Forum Pro
Frankthetank wrote:
June 3rd, 2022, 1:35 pm
Tarssauce wrote:
June 3rd, 2022, 12:38 pm

Theater exclusive thing? Like the majority of movies are doing right now? I don’t understand the need for it to rush to digital quickly either? If people want to watch they’ll watch.
This is talking about the trailer specifically. Tenet's teaser was theatre exclusive

Frankthetank wrote:
I’m not talking about the movie here. I’m talking about the teaser. Making a 1 minute first look teaser theater exclusive is not a good idea imo.

Again, go take a look at the Tenet teaser trailer thread.

Forum Pro
Tarssauce wrote:
June 3rd, 2022, 3:21 pm
Frankthetank wrote:
I’m not talking about the movie here. I’m talking about the teaser. Making a 1 minute first look teaser theater exclusive is not a good idea imo.

Again, go take a look at the Tenet teaser trailer thread.
I think a middle ground is fine. Theatre exclusive for a week or two (preferably a single week) and then drop it online. The issue with Tenet's teaser is that it never officially dropped. The only one online is uploaded by some random account that strangely has never been taken down for copyright issues.

DylanHoang wrote:
June 3rd, 2022, 3:26 pm
I think a middle ground is fine. Theatre exclusive for a week or two (preferably a single week) and then drop it online. The issue with Tenet's teaser is that it never officially dropped. The only one online is uploaded by some random account that strangely has never been taken down for copyright issues.
Yeah strange they allowed that one. They took down almost every upload even the niche 4K one on a trailer website.

I’m not against it playing exclusively in theaters for a week. We’re used to watching bootlegs so it’s part of the fun. My problem with theater exclusivity is that it’s random while an online release allows everyone to be able to see it.