Teaser Trailer

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
antovolk wrote:
July 29th, 2022, 11:44 am
The encode on the UK and international versions of the site is a lot better audio wise.
Thanks! Used a VPN and accessed the Netherlands version and it is indeed stereo 128kbps compared to mono 62kbps. Technically the same quality but at least it's stereo.

Looks great!

morlock84 wrote:
July 29th, 2022, 6:02 am
Never dropping online the Tenet teaser was a very stupid decision.
I agree with this. Market your movie. Generate hype. Get people watching it over and over and speculating together. That's not only part of the fun, that's basic business. Make as many people know about it as possible.

I just want to point out that we need to now live in the mindset that anytime we think audio is a questionable issue in a Nolan film that it has been a very deliberate choice. The man - as anyone who has read the Nolan Variations or paid attention for the last 20 years will know - is obsessed with sound. My guess is that the audio of the trailer (and I love the texture of it so idk what everyone is needing here, but ok) is a raw recording vs. any ADR and post production. I’m gonna be honest - I came twice while watching this trailer and I’ve been haunting this forum since the Dark Knight years and everything you guys are always on about all I can ever think is PLEASE get it through your skulls every single Nolan choice is intentional, deliberate and calculated. Get on that level and you’ll just find pure joy.

All I remember is explosions and everything being loud.

And a hat.

u2aerofan wrote:
July 30th, 2022, 1:43 pm
I just want to point out that we need to now live in the mindset that anytime we think audio is a questionable issue in a Nolan film that it has been a very deliberate choice. The man - as anyone who has read the Nolan Variations or paid attention for the last 20 years will know - is obsessed with sound. My guess is that the audio of the trailer (and I love the texture of it so idk what everyone is needing here, but ok) is a raw recording vs. any ADR and post production. I’m gonna be honest - I came twice while watching this trailer and I’ve been haunting this forum since the Dark Knight years and everything you guys are always on about all I can ever think is PLEASE get it through your skulls every single Nolan choice is intentional, deliberate and calculated. Get on that level and you’ll just find pure joy.
eh, I refuse to believe Nolan is happy with how some of the Bane ADR lines sound, they stand out so much from the lines captured on set. Or the Batman distortion effect accidentally being over Gordon's line "We'd have to hit all banks simultaneously" in TDK. Nolan has been let down by his sound team before. I will agree with your assertion when it comes to Tenet though. That one scene everyone points to of the music drowning out the tour guide through the freeport was deliberate. Neil wasn't even paying attention to the guy, and just scoping out the security.

The audio problem with the trailer was already solved, the US version is simply a lower quality mono encoding, with the international version sounding better. So that wasn't deliberate. Probably just due to the sheer amount of mp4s they need to push out to update the countdown constantly.

So this is really interesting - saw the teaser at the BFI IMAX and the countdown there had 11 MONTHS 10 DAYS. While the live website one has 11 MONTHS 15 DAYS - seems they're sending updated versions to (UK) cinemas every week?

That is a lot of effort…