Teaser Trailer

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
antovolk wrote:
July 31st, 2022, 12:20 pm
So this is really interesting - saw the teaser at the BFI IMAX and the countdown there had 11 MONTHS 10 DAYS. While the live website one has 11 MONTHS 15 DAYS - seems they're sending updated versions to (UK) cinemas every week?
whoa

confirmed lmao

Amazing, leave it up to Nolan.

But how long will they keep doing this?

Tarssauce wrote:
July 31st, 2022, 6:31 pm
This is super interesting, especially if the trailer is attached to the film file. Used to be when I worked at Cinemark, there was just a thumb drive of files for the trailers and the technician would plug them in and program the projector to run them. This trailer is supposedly attached to the film file itself for NOPE. But so much of that stuff is done remotely now - employees barely touch the projectors - the corporate IT guys run them for all locations. That would be a commitment.

u2aerofan wrote:
August 1st, 2022, 4:48 pm
Tarssauce wrote:
July 31st, 2022, 6:31 pm
This is super interesting, especially if the trailer is attached to the film file. Used to be when I worked at Cinemark, there was just a thumb drive of files for the trailers and the technician would plug them in and program the projector to run them. This trailer is supposedly attached to the film file itself for NOPE. But so much of that stuff is done remotely now - employees barely touch the projectors - the corporate IT guys run them for all locations. That would be a commitment.
I’d imagine to do it in the US they’d just send a version of the Nope feature without the trailer and just send the trailer on the same weekly basis. Main thing is will exhibitors play along. Having the teaser baked into Nope kinda took the choice to screen the trailer away from them.

Saw this teaser in front of Bullet Train at an Odeon, apparently it and all the other trailers were specifically picked. It was strange, but I liked the shots we did see more and how much they seemed to linger, not to mention the audio did sound a bit different. Noticed the voice of Oldman as well.

On the universal YouTube page the trailer is actually updating with the actual counte doung every time a minute drops

[

That's crazy

KEM
I actually had a glitch last night when I watched the trailer on the website, none of the countdown numbers popped up, it was completely black and just said “in” with nothing under it