Teaser Trailer

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
I just don't think Oppenheimer's demographic is a good fit for Nope, especially since Universal will be pushing their new Halloween movie that's in October.
Maybe Bullet Train in early August?

radewart wrote:
July 18th, 2022, 7:48 pm
I just don't think Oppenheimer's demographic is a good fit for Nope, especially since Universal will be pushing their new Halloween movie that's in October.
Maybe Bullet Train in early August?
Honestly, this makes more sense

I'm still holding my breath until Friday.

Oh, and the 'Halloween Ends' trailer has been confirmed for this week, but I'm still hoping for a certain IMAX exclusive. It just makes sense to me. Same distributor, another auteur, IMAX...

Maybe Universal and Nolan discussed it and decided to change the marketing strategy, idk. Still, a teaser would be a nice treat.

Nothing’s for certain of course but it’s just the perfect date. Exactly one year away and attached to an IMAX epic from the same studio. Plus, Nolan and Peele’s connection. Hoyte van Hoytema. It’s so perfect.

The chances are high but you never know.

Oh and I think the demographic overlaps. Nope is a horror/thriller (with a little bit of comedy). I’m expecting some horror elements in Oppenheimer as well. And it doesn’t matter much because the Dunkirk teaser was attached to Suicide Squad.

Tarssauce wrote:
July 19th, 2022, 4:00 am
Nothing’s for certain of course but it’s just the perfect date. Exactly one year away and attached to
You are assuming they will stay true to release date. Studios don't do that anymore.

Makes a lot of sense that the teaser is attached with NOPE, I was just thinking when we might see the teaser and it makes a lot sense. Fingers crossed :gonf:

Forum Pro
blackColumn wrote:
July 19th, 2022, 12:07 pm
Tarssauce wrote:
July 19th, 2022, 4:00 am
Nothing’s for certain of course but it’s just the perfect date. Exactly one year away and attached to
You are assuming they will stay true to release date. Studios don't do that anymore.
Until they actually move things, it's all we can assume. There's no reason to throw a blanket statement of "well it's gonna move" anytime a release date is announced, that's just too pessimistic of a world view. As of now, Oppenheimer is releasing next July, and for the past decade of Nolan's career, his teasers have dropped about a year in advance. He's proven time and time again to be a man of strict belief, whether it be shooting on film, on IMAX, practical fx and marketing strategy. With his past five films following a near identical teaser-release strategy and everything with NOPE solidifying it as the candidate to be, all signs point towards a trailer.

If not NOPE, then as someone else mentioned before, BULLET TRAIN is the likely runner-up. I think Nope is going to be very successful though, perhaps not immediately (though I do see its opening weekend being very strong) but WOM is gonna be good. I'm sure Universal and Nolan will stick to his tradition and attach it there. It'll get good exposure and it just makes too much sense.