Teaser Trailer

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Waitedalongtime wrote:
October 10th, 2022, 7:15 pm
Waitedalongtime wrote:
October 10th, 2022, 7:06 pm
A Borges man wrote:
October 9th, 2022, 3:07 pm

Not even comparable. Nolan is a cutting-edge filmmaker who collaborates and manages mass groups of artists and technicians, engages with physics, is pro-union, and takes climate change very seriously (see interstellar and tenet). While his filmography does not have equal representation across genders (neither does Scorsese, and yet I'd never compare him to Peterson), that does not mean he is some pro-traditional values guy (his wife is his producing partner after all). Peterson is a self-help book author, the lowest common denominator writing that has no rigor behind it. He cries on Joe Rogan, gets laid out by apple cider vinegar and gets addicted to Benzos while mocking drug addicts in his books. He is the "same cliche" right wing personality.

Chad Nolan gonna keep pushing the limit; beta-boy Peterson needs to go.
I do like how this guy acts like a filmmaker making a film in collaboration with a studio means that he's the one who releases it. That feels like scapegoating to me. And Peterson is a bizzare as shit comparison.
Also referring to Murph's situation in that film as "the same passive daughter waiting thing" doesn't make any sense, she's pretty proactive in that movie and at the end even takes what she's learned from her father and applies it to save humanity. She's never just a passive character. She's maybe the most important woman in any of Nolan's films, not just in context to individual characters but to the entire world it takes place in.
She took the hint her father gave her. Her father was more a visionary than she was brave.

Also, pretty sure any dad would meet both children and spend a few moments together. The focus on daughter alone was contrived, so much so that a great many people did not even recognise the actor who played his son. It's not a coincidence.

Forum Pro
blackColumn wrote:
October 10th, 2022, 11:30 pm
Waitedalongtime wrote:
Waitedalongtime wrote:
October 10th, 2022, 7:06 pm

I do like how this guy acts like a filmmaker making a film in collaboration with a studio means that he's the one who releases it. That feels like scapegoating to me. And Peterson is a bizzare as shit comparison.
Also referring to Murph's situation in that film as "the same passive daughter waiting thing" doesn't make any sense, she's pretty proactive in that movie and at the end even takes what she's learned from her father and applies it to save humanity. She's never just a passive character. She's maybe the most important woman in any of Nolan's films, not just in context to individual characters but to the entire world it takes place in.
She took the hint her father gave her. Her father was more a visionary than she was brave.

Also, pretty sure any dad would meet both children and spend a few moments together. The focus on daughter alone was contrived, so much so that a great many people did not even recognise the actor who played his son. It's not a coincidence.
Tell me you never made anyone orgasm, without explicitly telling me you’ve never made anyone orgasm.

Joshua Strong wrote:
October 11th, 2022, 3:08 am
blackColumn wrote:
October 10th, 2022, 11:30 pm
Waitedalongtime wrote:

Tell me you never made anyone orgasm, without explicitly telling me you’ve never made anyone orgasm.
That would be violation of rule no 8 of Jordan Peterson's 12 Rules For Life.

Hopefully this will be the last update:

But as promised, I watched Black Adam in the same IMAX with Laser theatre that I watched Woman King in yesterday. And this time I made sure to have my phone with the current countdown ready.

And now, the countdown displayed in IMAX was wrong. It wasn't lacking behind, it was much further in the future by a few days. This means they get their trailers on either weekly (I've seen a post on Twitter that showed weekly updates) or on a monthly basis (as shown on the screenshots here). But it certainly isn't live!

lunar_rover wrote:
October 20th, 2022, 1:54 am
Hopefully this will be the last update:

But as promised, I watched Black Adam in the same IMAX with Laser theatre that I watched Woman King in yesterday. And this time I made sure to have my phone with the current countdown ready.

And now, the countdown displayed in IMAX was wrong. It wasn't lacking behind, it was much further in the future by a few days. This means they get their trailers on either weekly (I've seen a post on Twitter that showed weekly updates) or on a monthly basis (as shown on the screenshots here). But it certainly isn't live!
How interesting, thanks for the update

More like a fail.

I randomly came across these comments on Twitter and they made me think about audience responses, plus they did just bother me:

"No Oppenheimer teaser after it's been shown at every movie I've been to for a while" (paraphrasing)

"I'm getting the feeling this is Nolan's revenge on us not killing ourselves to see his shitty Inception sequel. I hate to see any movie bomb but if Oppenheimer (hypothetically) flopping at least humbles him a bit..."

"I agree. He desperately needs to eat some humble pie."

"Keep in mind: he got full control over the marketing. Plus, it's the same here in the states. I fail to see how this is unintentional.

And yes, I did use a George Lucas (well, a parody) gif for this. Nolan has pretty much become him, digital tinkering aside."

I can understand being annoying by seeing that same trailer constantly, it's an unfortunate flaw of the marketing which might change with the release of another trailer though I'm sure they won't give up on the countdown marketing gimmick. Gimmick doesn't mean bad, doing the countdown to release is not always embraced this widely and it's cool to see evolution in movie marketing that can sometimes be very stock and basic.

Making dumb comments like the follow-ups is just stupid. Calling Tenet a "shitty Inception sequel" (which overstates the similarities between them), comparing Nolan to Lucas (which if you look at a lot of the re-evaluation the prequels have received isn't that bad a comparison), implying that he's obsessed with box office (I've never gotten that feel at all beyond just generally making films for a mass audience), acting as if he's the only one who'd like his film to do well or even that he's the total driving force behind the marketing instead of the team at Universal. Saying that it's revenge for people not seeing Tenet is also just ridiculous, it's probably sarcasm but does he not think that Universal want the movie to do well at the box office too?
Last edited by Waitedalongtime on November 10th, 2022, 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Copied this post onto Box Office since I realised that it's more applicable but will still keep the post here because I think it's still somewhat applicable.

Seems to be a couple of randos with no followers and severe Indiewire Brain. Why even post this?

Insomniac wrote:
November 6th, 2022, 6:43 pm
Seems to be a couple of randos with no followers and severe Indiewire Brain. Why even post this?
No real reason, I was just a bit annoyed and wanted to say how I felt and see if others agreed. Plus I've seen other people post random Twitter opinions on these threads, just assumed it would be accepted. Does give a little exposure to people's opinion on marketing too even if it is only a couple of people.