Teaser Trailer

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
blackColumn wrote:
October 8th, 2022, 9:06 pm
Blows my mind and makes me think Christopher Nolan and Jordan Peterson really are on a completely different level than we can ever comprehend.
What'cha talkin' about? Nolan and the weird crying incel guy have nothing in common. One is a filmmaker who makes movies about puzzles and physics...the other one is a weirdo who thinks Foucault cucked the West.

Ok what the fuck ? i absolutely reject any comparisons or asociations with Incel final boss Jordan Peterson :judge: lol honestly thats gotta be the most random comparison in the history of random comparisons.

Come to think of it, we know Chris drinks a lot of tea, tea has water in it, and you know who else drank water ? well thats right HITLER !

Nicolaslabra wrote:
October 9th, 2022, 12:20 am
Ok what the fuck ? i absolutely reject any comparisons or asociations with Incel final boss Jordan Peterson :judge: lol honestly thats gotta be the most random comparison in the history of random comparisons.

Come to think of it, we know Chris drinks a lot of tea, tea has water in it, and you know who else drank water ? well thats right HITLER !
It doesn't surprise me that Blackcolumn is a Peterson fan, the incel just wafts of them.

Not finding any thread of similarity is a just ostensible. Both are into nature of mind, subjectivity of human condition and feel passionately about deterioration of social structures and collapse of culture / institutions (see : Interstellar).

As for controversies, Nolan released Tenet amid peak surge of covid-19 cases. But that did not offend any ape here, did it? Another thing is that, on this forum, insinuating people to be incels is such a rib-tickling thing to do - female characters are never a pivotal part of Chris Nolan's stories. Even Interstellar, you had the same passive waiting daughter thing going on.

Likewise in Oppenheimer "This is your moment". Woman as an emotinal support. Same cliche thing.

blackColumn wrote:
October 9th, 2022, 10:19 am
Likewise in Oppenheimer "This is your moment". Woman as an emotinal support. Same cliche thing.
If you read the book, you'll see that character actually has bite to her. She's a handful.

blackColumn wrote:
Not finding any thread of similarity is a just ostensible. Both are into nature of mind, subjectivity of human condition and feel passionately about deterioration of social structures and collapse of culture / institutions (see : Interstellar).

As for controversies, Nolan released Tenet amid peak surge of covid-19 cases. But that did not offend any ape here, did it? Another thing is that, on this forum, insinuating people to be incels is such a rib-tickling thing to do - female characters are never a pivotal part of Chris Nolan's stories. Even Interstellar, you had the same passive waiting daughter thing going on.

Not even comparable. Nolan is a cutting-edge filmmaker who collaborates and manages mass groups of artists and technicians, engages with physics, is pro-union, and takes climate change very seriously (see interstellar and tenet). While his filmography does not have equal representation across genders (neither does Scorsese, and yet I'd never compare him to Peterson), that does not mean he is some pro-traditional values guy (his wife is his producing partner after all). Peterson is a self-help book author, the lowest common denominator writing that has no rigor behind it. He cries on Joe Rogan, gets laid out by apple cider vinegar and gets addicted to Benzos while mocking drug addicts in his books. He is the "same cliche" right wing personality.

Chad Nolan gonna keep pushing the limit; beta-boy Peterson needs to go.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
October 9th, 2022, 12:20 am
Ok what the fuck ? i absolutely reject any comparisons or asociations with Incel final boss Jordan Peterson
:lol:

A Borges man wrote:
October 9th, 2022, 3:07 pm
blackColumn wrote:

Not even comparable. Nolan is a cutting-edge filmmaker who collaborates and manages mass groups of artists and technicians, engages with physics, is pro-union, and takes climate change very seriously (see interstellar and tenet). While his filmography does not have equal representation across genders (neither does Scorsese, and yet I'd never compare him to Peterson), that does not mean he is some pro-traditional values guy (his wife is his producing partner after all). Peterson is a self-help book author, the lowest common denominator writing that has no rigor behind it. He cries on Joe Rogan, gets laid out by apple cider vinegar and gets addicted to Benzos while mocking drug addicts in his books. He is the "same cliche" right wing personality.

I do like how this guy acts like a filmmaker making a film in collaboration with a studio means that he's the one who releases it. That feels like scapegoating to me. And Peterson is a bizzare as shit comparison.

Waitedalongtime wrote:
October 10th, 2022, 7:06 pm
A Borges man wrote:
blackColumn wrote:

I do like how this guy acts like a filmmaker making a film in collaboration with a studio means that he's the one who releases it. That feels like scapegoating to me. And Peterson is a bizzare as shit comparison.
Also referring to Murph's situation in that film as "the same passive daughter waiting thing" doesn't make any sense, she's pretty proactive in that movie and at the end even takes what she's learned from her father and applies it to save humanity. She's never just a passive character. She's maybe the most important woman in any of Nolan's films, not just in context to individual characters but to the entire world it takes place in.

And as another Interstellar addendum, the comparison of both feeling strongly about "deterioration of social structures and collapse of culture/institutions" with Interstellar being the example is lessened when you take into account that Interstellar takes the idea of the environment dying seriously enough to tell a story dedicated to humanity moving to another planet, whilst Peterson this year publicly stated that "there is no such thing as climate" and cites another climate skeptic as a source. If Interstellar is your example of that then one takes it seriously whilst the other one doesn't.

Waitedalongtime wrote:
October 10th, 2022, 7:06 pm
A Borges man wrote:
blackColumn wrote:

Nolan is one of the very filmmakers who can control the release. He wanted to release it on its planned release date, Warner Bros very forcefully had to postpone it, they wanted much more time (see other studios). This soured his perception of studio (and he later called HBOmax worst streaming service). Nolan put an enormous amount of pressure of on them, and they had to buckle. Movie did not make profit. This soured the studio's perception of Nolan and they did not show too much enthusiasm for Oppenheimer.