Teaser Trailer

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
KEM
DylanHoang wrote:
June 3rd, 2022, 3:26 pm
Tarssauce wrote:
June 3rd, 2022, 3:21 pm
Frankthetank wrote:
June 3rd, 2022, 1:35 pm
Theater exclusive thing? Like the majority of movies are doing right now? I don’t understand the need for it to rush to digital quickly either? If people want to watch they’ll watch.
I’m not talking about the movie here. I’m talking about the teaser. Making a 1 minute first look teaser theater exclusive is not a good idea imo.

Again, go take a look at the Tenet teaser trailer thread.
I think a middle ground is fine. Theatre exclusive for a week or two (preferably a single week) and then drop it online. The issue with Tenet's teaser is that it never officially dropped. The only one online is uploaded by some random account that strangely has never been taken down for copyright issues.
It’s available on the Blu-ray special features but I’m pretty sure that’s it, and it sucks cause it’s probably my all time favorite trailer. Hopefully the Oppenheimer teaser is a bit more widely available after it’s shown in front of a specific film

Tarssauce wrote:
June 3rd, 2022, 3:21 pm
Frankthetank wrote:
June 3rd, 2022, 1:35 pm
Theater exclusive thing? Like the majority of movies are doing right now? I don’t understand the need for it to rush to digital quickly either? If people want to watch they’ll watch.
I’m not talking about the movie here. I’m talking about the teaser. Making a 1 minute first look teaser theater exclusive is not a good idea imo.

Again, go take a look at the Tenet teaser trailer thread.
Oh gotcha, my mistake. Then yeah I agree lol.

So what are we thinking? Will there be a teaser next month or will they skip it this time?

Willem wrote:
June 14th, 2022, 7:57 am
So what are we thinking? Will there be a teaser next month or will they skip it this time?
Hope so. I dislike when movies release first look closer to release date, Avatar 2 for example.

Willem wrote:
Really curious to see if Nolan will finally break this tradition. But a teaser with NOPE would be perfect. Exactly one year apart from the release of the film.

Edit: it just hit me, why would he break tradition? The movie literally comes out on his favorite release date…
Now I’m more confident we’ll get a teaser even if it’s not with NOPE.

The other thing that Universal has on offer? An “excellent distribution and marketing campaign,” noted Langley. THR previously reported that as a part of Nolan’s deal with Universal for Oppenheimer, the studio would commit to a hefty marketing spend. “A theatrical marketing campaign — that big global marketing campaign behind any movie — is what makes a movie matter,” said Langley.

The chief points to marketing as a reason why streaming titles, even big-budgeted ones, fail to stay in the zeitgeist. “We haven’t seen movies break through in streaming yet when they’re just solely streamed,” she said. “The global audience hasn’t been told by a big giant marketing campaign that something is coming or that something is here to stay.”
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... 235109988/

I don't see them giving him less than what he had before.

I have faith we'll get some new stills or a poster and a short teaser next month.

The teaser will no doubt drop with Thor. They want as many eyes on it as possible and that's the logical thing. Especially considering past Nolan marketing.

rajakandabowla wrote:
June 15th, 2022, 1:28 am
The teaser will no doubt drop with Thor. They want as many eyes on it as possible and that's the logical thing. Especially considering past Nolan marketing.
Too soon

I think 'Nope' will be as big as all the other Jordan Peele films (people love alien invasion films too). Plus, it's only a year in advance teaser. It will be seen.

Willem wrote:
I think the tradition will continue with this one, at least I hope so. And the first time we watch it better be through a bootleg recording.