Teaser Trailer

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
For some reason Nolan became public enemy number one with certain people for having the audacity to push for the release of Tenet when he did, people who probably still think we should be in constant covid lockdown.

For some reason?

Go to Black Panther Wakanda Forever page on this forum and see how many people are complaining about a girl being anti vaxx. Now imagine if she forced a movie release amid peak surge when there were no vaccines.

Did you see how just a random comment got Kanye West in trouble? Given this, it's rather surprising Nolan is still a mainstream figure.

Damn, I thought this thread was gonna have some actual information.

Tenet was released when it was because WB thought it was absolute fucking trash and didn't want to spend potentially huge sums of money by delaying it an entire year or longer only to see it getting squashed by literally any other blockbuster.

Why are we talking about this again?

Insomniac wrote:
November 7th, 2022, 7:51 am
Tenet was released when it was because WB thought it was absolute fucking trash and didn't want to spend potentially huge sums of money by delaying it an entire year or longer only to see it getting squashed by literally any other blockbuster.

Why are we talking about this again?
Cute little thing. :P now say it without crying.

The Special One wrote:
November 7th, 2022, 2:14 am
Damn, I thought this thread was gonna have some actual information.
Agreed. Here we are

Watched John Wick Chapter 4 in IMAX yesterday and finally got a chance to watch the IMAX Trailer (D) in a cinema ;) . I thought I'd celebrate it with all three trailers for the evening and resurrected my old project, that I had prepared in Resolve back when there was only the Countdown Trailer-A.

It basically uses the .mp4 that you get from the Oppenheimer Assets page with the current time and then I replace the file with this. In project it's already prepared to be cut to the essential parts only, so small boxes around the numbers that I tried to match to the 4K DCP that acts as the main video source.

I never really managed to get a perfect grading on it but it's all so fast that you have to go through it frame by frame to notice. How does it work? I suppose here the black and white picture really helps as it's not that much compressed if there are no colors. So the outlines remain relatively sharp.

The main problem here is that both trailers are not exactly identical. Typically you can easily cut in MP4 or ProRes into DCP if you set the project to a gamma value of 2.4 but here it doesn't work. The font is also a bit different and although I corrected the framerate to match perfectly, the texts don't vanish with the same speed. Also the color and effects are different on the font. That's why matching it is a bit tricky in this case :roll:

lunar_rover wrote:
March 25th, 2023, 2:34 pm
Watched John Wick Chapter 4 in IMAX yesterday and finally got a chance to watch the IMAX Trailer (D) in a cinema ;) . I thought I'd celebrate it with all three trailers for the evening and resurrected my old project, that I had prepared in Resolve back when there was only the Countdown Trailer-A.

It basically uses the .mp4 that you get from the Oppenheimer Assets page with the current time and then I replace the file with this. In project it's already prepared to be cut to the essential parts only, so small boxes around the numbers that I tried to match to the 4K DCP that acts as the main video source.

I never really managed to get a perfect grading on it but it's all so fast that you have to go through it frame by frame to notice. How does it work? I suppose here the black and white picture really helps as it's not that much compressed if there are no colors. So the outlines remain relatively sharp.

The main problem here is that both trailers are not exactly identical. Typically you can easily cut in MP4 or ProRes into DCP if you set the project to a gamma value of 2.4 but here it doesn't work. The font is also a bit different and although I corrected the framerate to match perfectly, the texts don't vanish with the same speed. Also the color and effects are different on the font. That's why matching it is a bit tricky in this case :roll:

:clap:

From what I'm getting, you're trying to create a version using an old 4K DCP and an updated version for the countdown from the Website?

Have you tried feathering the top layer so there aren't clear cuts of the footage? It could blend things better.