Teaser Trailer

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
KEM
aliakrep wrote:
September 15th, 2022, 7:16 am
IMAX Teaser Trailer 4K Screenshots

If these didn’t have a watermark I would definitely use one as a wallpaper

aliakrep wrote:
September 15th, 2022, 7:16 am
IMAX Teaser Trailer 4K Screenshots

Gorgeous

Any idea on the source of these screenshots?

KEM
I really hope those flames make it into the film in some capacity, god those shots are so sick

So I've seen a few discussions on the trailer and how it might work and when it's shown.

My question, are you sure that the date is correct and updated for each screening? I ask because I watched the remastered version of "Jaws" in IMAX with Laser yesterday (Germany) and the Oppenheimer Trailer countdown was wrong. It was a much older one.

I will be back in the same cinema for "Avatar 1" again next week so I will check it.

For us, almost every movie that allows this kind of trailer to be shown (so not something like "Minions") has the Oppenheimer trailer. So not only related to Universal movies. This is also true for a non-IMAX theatre that I visited a while ago.

But did anyone really compare his countdown to the one shown in cinema at the right moment? Because I'm not sure if they have different versions or not. Somebody already posted the screenshot of the DCPs that Universal delivered to cinemas. And those haven't been updated until now. They were all uploaded in the same week and started from WK32 until WK48.

WK32 is the one with the date reading "11 months 2 days ...." (at least this is the date in the press version of the trailer) and if I remember correctly, the date they showed in IMAX yesterday was something around "10 months" while it's already "9 months" now on the official website. Since the DCPs are labeled WK48, 44, 40, etc. I guess it's one trailer per month and that's why it still said "10 months for me".

Yeah, those would have been really cool screenshots. And actually usable. I'll never understand watermarking something that isn't even yours.

I may have to correct my previous comment.

I went to IMAX for "The Woman King" yesterday and somehow the trailer was correct with a difference of about 5 minutes. I asked the projectionist after the show how they made sure the numbers matched and he told me that his colleague added the new trailers the day before.

To me, this sounds like they added one of the new Oppenheimer trailers that get updated every 4 weeks and it just happened to fit the date...but given the time span, this seems a little odd. So maybe the Oppenheimer trailer was not among the trailers that had been added manually before.

I'll be back to the same IMAX for "Black Adam", soon, and since it's less than 4 weeks the date should be totally off by then. If it's still correct I might be lucky and the other projectionist is in the house.

So I'm still unsure about how they pull this off. The title sequence is hardcoded in the DCP, at least in the DCP that I watched it was and they released a dozen different versions for all upcoming weeks. So this is either a completely new trailer that they load off their servers for each show or it was just a coincidence...

Get the sense they'll continue the countdown across the first main trailer and then they'll no longer need to update the teaser because it won't be showing in cinemas.

Waitedalongtime wrote:
October 8th, 2022, 3:56 pm
Get the sense they'll continue the countdown across the first main trailer and then they'll no longer need to update the teaser because it won't be showing in cinemas.
On YouTube it'll stay the same till the movie comes out.

Blows my mind and makes me think Christopher Nolan and Jordan Peterson really are on a completely different level than we can ever comprehend.