Teaser Trailer

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Tarssauce wrote:
July 21st, 2022, 3:15 pm
11 months and 24 days leads to July 14, 2023! The test was on July 16!
If the trailer was set for 7/22 with NOPE, that'd be the day of the test potentially.

Tarssauce wrote:
July 21st, 2022, 3:09 pm
Bacon wrote:
July 21st, 2022, 3:08 pm
Time wrote:
July 21st, 2022, 3:06 pm
What does the countdown signify?
When the movie drops
No. It's exactly a year away. I think the film will have an internal countdown to the trinity test.
This must be the case. In 11 months... ... ... seconds... the world forever changes. I don't think they're suggesting the movie changes the world. :D

Keep in mind Nope's actual release date is tomorrow. Today is the "midnight premiere" like the old days but done earlier, so look at the countdown in the context of seeing Nope tomorrow.

Bacon wrote:
July 21st, 2022, 3:16 pm
If the trailer was set for 7/22 with NOPE, that'd be the day of the test potentially.
It checks out, actually.

quervo wrote:
July 21st, 2022, 3:16 pm
This must be the case. In 11 months... ... ... seconds... the world forever changes. I don't think they're suggesting the movie changes the world. :D
Obviously not :lol: but you never know.

Angus wrote:
July 21st, 2022, 3:18 pm
Keep in mind Nope's actual release date is tomorrow. Today is the "midnight premiere" like the old days but done earlier, so look at the countdown in the context of seeing Nope tomorrow.
Maybe but I think it's weird in general because the countdown is going to be confusing on any other day besides 7/22 if that's the case for people seeing it in theaters.

An interactive website with a dynamic countdown would be able to adapt to this.

Time wrote:
July 21st, 2022, 3:21 pm
Angus wrote:
Maybe but I think it's weird in general because the countdown is going to be confusing on any other day besides 7/22 if that's the case for people seeing it in theaters.

I was actually wondering if the trailer is "hard-wired" into the DCP of Nope in order for the countdown to adjust to any new screening time... but this might be sci-fi technology, I don't know :D

DHOPW42 wrote:
July 21st, 2022, 3:22 pm
I was actually wondering if the trailer is "hard-wired" into the DCP of Nope in order for the countdown to adjust to any new screening time... but this might be sci-fi technology, I don't know :D
Unless they included thousands and thousands of copies of it on the DCP, I don't think it's possible :D It's printed on the video itself not just a subtitle or caption.

Time wrote:
Angus wrote:

Matrix 4 could do it, we'll be smarter when new bootlegs surface.

Time wrote:
Angus wrote:

Warner make interactive online teaser for Matrix Resurrections, maybe Universal will do something similar but for the theaters... if that's even possible.

ANONIMNIQ wrote:
July 21st, 2022, 3:25 pm
Time wrote:
Angus wrote:

Warner make interactive online teaser for Matrix Resurrections, maybe Universal will do something similar but for the theaters... if that's even possible.
I had this exact thought but yeah I don't know if that's possible to do it from a theatrical perspective. Would be neat. I'll keep my eye out when I see Nope tonight.