Cast

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
There was usually a thread about casting, no?

Apparently Cillian Murphy is already attached, before finding financing, which usually means a big part, if not the lead, though nothing is confirmed yet.

Now, it's hard to anticipate casting not knowing much about the approach Nolan has chosen, so here are a few possibilities:

-the Beautiful mind approach: about the intimacy of the life of the scientist, in which case, there would be a big part for the actress who'd play his wife. Any casting preference?

-the Imitation game approach: the supporting cast is the people he works with to discover the A-Bomb, focusing on their dilemma, their conflicts...

-multiply perspectives: have Oppenheimer be just one of the storyline, and have other storylines all related to the atomic bomb. Their could be a Japanese storyline, Truman could be an important character...

I'm hoping a story involving some of the other key members of the Los Alamos team e.g., Feynman, Fermi, Teller etc.
Last edited by sarmadness on September 10th, 2021, 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

I don't know if it would fit with any of the characters based on this story. But I would really like to see him collaborate with James Franco. I understand that back in Inception, he was the one he went to first for the role of Arthur, before Joseph Gordon-Levitt finally took the role.

As for the actors he has already worked with, I would love to see him with Robert Pattinson.

Nolan62 wrote:
September 10th, 2021, 8:12 am
But I would really like to see him collaborate with James Franco. I understand that back in Inception, he was the one he went to first for the role of Arthur, before Joseph Gordon-Levitt finally took the role.
Wouldn't hold your breath for that one

If President Roosevelt has a part in the film, I'll be curious who gets that part.

It could be Jim Parsons. (Sheldon Cooper from TBBT)

Nolan62 wrote:
September 10th, 2021, 8:12 am
I don't know if it would fit with any of the characters based on this story. But I would really like to see him collaborate with James Franco. I understand that back in Inception, he was the one he went to first for the role of Arthur, before Joseph Gordon-Levitt finally took the role.

As for the actors he has already worked with, I would love to see him with Robert Pattinson.
James Franco won’t be casted after all the allegations that came out against him.

Cillian as a young Oppenheimer. The resemblance is quite striking when you think about it.

Tom Hanks or Bryan Cranston for Truman?
Like everybody else, I would love Rylance and Pattinson to re-team with Nolan.

Nolan62 wrote:
September 10th, 2021, 11:50 am
Cillian as a young Oppenheimer. The resemblance is quite striking when you think about it.
I’m trying not to get my hopes up but a lot of this makes sense. I’m not sure why Cillian would be the first name mentioned if he wasn’t being considered for the lead.