Cast

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.

Bacon wrote:
November 2nd, 2021, 12:29 pm
SCORPIO16 wrote:
October 23rd, 2021, 6:06 am
Would love Josh Brolin as General Leslie R. Groves.
https://www.atomicheritage.org/sites/de ... Groves.jpg
Matt Damon's confirmed by THR to be playing Groves.
I feel a real physical preparation coming on for him, given that he had a different build, in any case this is a role that can suit him wonderfully, a role that is both pivotal to the story/narrative and at the same time secondary, more in the background.

And Matt Damon had already expressed his wish to work again with Nolan in the past, it seems that the two really wanted to get together for a project, glad it could happen!
Last edited by Nolan62 on November 2nd, 2021, 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KEM
God tier cast

Nolan62 wrote:
November 2nd, 2021, 12:57 pm
Bacon wrote:
SCORPIO16 wrote:
October 23rd, 2021, 6:06 am
Would love Josh Brolin as General Leslie R. Groves.
https://www.atomicheritage.org/sites/de ... Groves.jpg
I feel a real physical preparation coming on for him, given that he had a different build, in any case this is a role that can suit him wonderfully, a role that is both pivotal to the story/narrative and at the same time secondary, more in the background.

And Matt Damon had already expressed his wish to work again with Nolan in the past, it seems that the two really wanted to get together for a project, glad it could happen!
Love that Nolan looks at Matt Damon and thinks: bad guy.

A Borges man wrote:
November 2nd, 2021, 1:46 pm
Nolan62 wrote:
November 2nd, 2021, 12:57 pm
Bacon wrote:

:lol:

A Borges man wrote:
Although, I think Groves in real life was sympathetic to Oppenheimer and was pushing to appoint him as the director of the Los Alamos facility (haven't yet read what happened to them after that :D).

DHOPW42 wrote:
November 2nd, 2021, 1:53 pm
A Borges man wrote:
Although, I think Groves in real life was sympathetic to Oppenheimer and was pushing to appoint him as the director of the Los Alamos facility (haven't yet read what happened to them after that :D).
Yes, I was thinking that it was more like that, and since he was at the head of the all project.

I had a feeling this film would be stacked with star power, and so far it's a crazy cast. Now all I want is Michael Caine confirmed.

I realized the other day that in every Nolan film that Tom Hardy's been in, Cillian has been in them, too. It started with Inception... maybe it'll happen again for this one? It'd be great.

Lincoln wrote:
November 2nd, 2021, 11:53 am
Not liking this cast so far.
Same. Except Cillian Murphy.

KEM
You guys are insane