Cast

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Insomniac wrote:
November 7th, 2021, 8:06 am
Nolan62 wrote:
November 7th, 2021, 7:41 am
And I wonder if Michael Merriman (John Cusack in Fat Man and Little Boy) will be featured in his film? And if so in what way and who will play him?
Don't think so.
The character of Michael Merriman (John Cusack) is a fictional composite of several people and is put into the film to provide a moral compass as the "common man".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat_Man_and_Little_Boy
Yes, in doubt I had wondered if it was not a fictional character, and after checking it was the case.

Nolan's approach will be different again.

radewart wrote:
November 5th, 2021, 2:52 pm
Unless Nolan takes the film in some wild different direction from the book, it is going to be all white characters, so prepare for the angry twitter takes... The only real diversity is that many characters are Jewish, if that counts.
Now that you call it. Maybe Nolan has to out itself as non-binary to get a Oscar nomination. The new diversity rules for the Oscar nominations are pretty tough for western period pieces :lol:
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/09/movi ... rsity.html

X-MementoMori-X wrote:
November 7th, 2021, 1:57 pm
radewart wrote:
November 5th, 2021, 2:52 pm
Unless Nolan takes the film in some wild different direction from the book, it is going to be all white characters, so prepare for the angry twitter takes... The only real diversity is that many characters are Jewish, if that counts.
Now that you call it. Maybe Nolan has to out itself as non-binary to get a Oscar nomination. The new diversity rules for the Oscar nominations are pretty tough for western period pieces :lol:
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/09/movi ... rsity.html
Group A
Emily blunt
Group B
Jennifer lame
Nolan’s past films looking at Imdb has people who are not white work on films.
So those two meet
Group C
“ Must offer paid internship or apprenticeship opportunities, in a variety of departments, to people from underrepresented identity groups, and must actually be employing people in those positions (numbers vary according to the size of the company). And ...
Must offer training and work opportunities in “below the line” (essentially, lower- and mid-level positions) to people from underrepresented identity groups.”
Universal will take care of this

Group d
Must offer paid internship or apprenticeship opportunities, in a variety of departments, to people from underrepresented identity groups, and must actually be employing people in those positions (numbers vary according to the size of the company). And ...
Must offer training and work opportunities in “below the line” (essentially, lower- and mid-level positions) to people from underrepresented identity groups.
Once again universal would have this meet

Forum Pro
RDJ and Damon are interesting additions.

Outside of Jason Bourne and the MCU, they haven’t had many hits in their careers, especially in the past decade.

Curious to see how Nolan rounds out the cast.

Joshua Strong wrote:
November 7th, 2021, 11:44 pm
RDJ and Damon are interesting additions.

Outside of Jason Bourne and the MCU, they haven’t had many hits in their careers, especially in the past decade.

Curious to see how Nolan rounds out the cast.
Damon had the Martian and Ford V Ferrari

Insomniac wrote:
November 3rd, 2021, 3:36 pm
I wonder who'll play Edward Teller? Adrien Brody? There really isn't that many famous Hungarian-American actors around.
Adrien Brody would be awesome!

I'm curious to see Matt Damon's take on the character of General Groves, who - based on the book - is a true bully who demanded utmost respect from his subordinates. It is really not something I see in Damon at first, I'm even wondering if he's ever done this sort of mean dickhead character.

KEM
DHOPW42 wrote:
November 13th, 2021, 8:21 am
I'm curious to see Matt Damon's take on the character of General Groves, who - based on the book - is a true bully who demanded utmost respect from his subordinates. It is really not something I see in Damon at first, I'm even wondering if he's ever done this sort of mean dickhead character.
Of course he has, The Departed and Interstellar

KEM wrote:
November 13th, 2021, 5:27 pm
Yeah, but those were really a different kind of dickhead. He was quite a sad little pathetic character in both of those, I would think, and Groves is a military general. Obviously, Damon will be able to pull it of, I'm just curious to see how.

KEM
DHOPW42 wrote:
November 13th, 2021, 6:20 pm
KEM wrote:
November 13th, 2021, 5:27 pm
Yeah, but those were really a different kind of dickhead. He was quite a sad little pathetic character in both of those, I would think, and Groves is a military general. Obviously, Damon will be able to pull it of, I'm just curious to see how.
True, Damon is certainly a top tier actor and I don’t think there’s any doubt he’ll do an amazing job here, I’m so excited!!