Cast

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Forum Pro
Law
Demoph wrote:
July 23rd, 2023, 10:03 am
Law wrote:
July 22nd, 2023, 9:32 pm
Anyone else upset we didn’t get
Michael Caine?
No, because the scene
in Tenet was a beautiful farewell
Damn. Good point

Going through the insta of the cast, it's great to see how a lot of them became great friends: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cu2i3HbPokI/?img_index=2
Krumholtz also revealed having gone through hard times during the shooting of the film, which didn't stop him from giving a wonderful peroformance. I'd recommend reading his text, beautiful stuff:opp https://www.instagram.com/p/Cun0Z8Mto6T/?img_index=1
By the way, there's so many great performances that I'd like to mention the never-mentioned ones: Macon Blair, Tony Goldwyn, Haaskivi, Fausa, Haumann ("Everybody will go crazy") and Thirlby. And so many others. Everybody is so good.

Seeing alot of praise for different players of the deep ensemble, deservely so, but I want to shout out to Tom Conti as Eistein. Not much screen time but every time he was on screen the audience was glued to the screen.
Eistein is one of history's most well-known figures, and it would be easy for the performance to be a caricature of wild hair and a thick, silly Easter European accent. But Conti made a full character out of Eistein, the end speech about "consequences of your actions" and "they'll pat you on the back and tell you all is forgiven..." was powerful.

It won't happen, but I seriously think it is Oscar worthy for best supporting actor. Hell, Judi Dench had less screen time and won the award.

In Oppenheimer, Nolan is working with a lot of actors he's worked with in the past. Like Murphy, Damon, Dastmalchian, Hall, Modine, Branagh, Oldman...
Are there other ctors from previous Nolan film you think ould have fit the film ?
My top three would be Pearce, Eckhart and Mendelsohn. There's a lot of officials they could have played very well I think.
Also if Murphy wasn't available, I think Bale could have played Oppenheimer, getting very thin for a part is what he calls Monday.

Really want Nolan to bring Eckhart back for once.