Cast

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Let's say it's not going to be Murphy, or Pattinson, or Bale, or anyone Nolan has ever worked with. Who could play Oppenheimer? Who could be that left field casting decision?

Ralph Fiennes - S tier

Daniel Day Lewis - God tier

Pr0creation wrote:
September 12th, 2021, 4:05 pm

Daniel Day Lewis - God tier
Would be amazing!

Heh, I did think "What if Nolan has managed to lure Daniel Day-Lewis out of retirement" earlier today.

I mean, stranger things have happened.

Pr0creation wrote:
September 12th, 2021, 12:55 pm
Pr0creation wrote:
September 12th, 2021, 12:49 pm
A Borges man wrote:
September 12th, 2021, 3:17 am

As a Nolan fan I think we all want his gaggle of Brits. Yes, Hardy and Caine are always a great fit for Nolan films. But, this story requires Americans and German/Austrians...as well as possibly Japanese actors. While no doubt Hardy can do an American accent, as can Murphy; but if the cast is filled out with Brits it might feel weird.
In fact, has Nolan ever accent swapped apart from Christian Bale?
Never mind, I just remembered Kenneth Branagh and Elizabeth Debicki. :facepalm:
I mean if I remember correctly, I might be mistaken, but doesn't Cillian Murphy have an American accent in all three batman movies and in inception?

DHOPW42 wrote:
September 12th, 2021, 2:56 pm
Let's say it's not going to be Murphy, or Pattinson, or Bale, or anyone Nolan has ever worked with. Who could play Oppenheimer? Who could be that left field casting decision?
I really think Ralph Fiennes could be perfect for the role. But he's not american, I don't have any particular name of american actor that come to my mind right now.

For the role of his wife, which actress could be perfect for the role? Again, I don't have any names that come to my mind right now.

For Katherine Oppenheimer I could see some like Sally Hawkins, Rachel Weisz, Michelle Williams, Kate winslet, Carrie Ann Moss. Actress will be interesting choice.

Jesus of Suburbia wrote:
September 12th, 2021, 5:38 pm
For Katherine Oppenheimer I could see some like Sally Hawkins, Rachel Weisz, Michelle Williams, Kate winslet, Carrie Ann Moss. Actress will be interesting choice.
It would be great, especially Weisz, who is a brunette.
I was thinking about Keira Knightley too.

Claire Foy?

Tarssauce wrote:
September 12th, 2021, 5:45 pm
Claire Foy?
Why didn't I think of her.
And it would really be Nolan doing his "First Man", an intimate drama about a man who have to face something literaly bigger than him.