Cast

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
EOLB wrote:
July 6th, 2022, 1:52 pm
Waitedalongtime wrote:
July 6th, 2022, 10:21 am
I do wonder if there's a personal reason why this cast list is even more stacked (and with many actors who have worked with him prior) than any film he's done before. I'm sure the nature of the film allows for all these roles to be played by noteworthy actors, but I'm curious as to if it's for a private reason. Imagine if it was because he was retiring and didn't want to make that public yet, but he let people in the industry know so anyone auditioning would know they'd only have one shot to be in one of his films so they'd take it no matter the size of the role. I'm 99% sure that's not the case, but it's interesting to speculate. It could be out of respect towards him as a director personally and professionally and nothing else.
Sources say that with Nolan’s secretive process, actors sometimes don’t even know what role they are signing up for until the deal is done. In any case, whether for parts big or small, many in Hollywood are more than eager to parachute in.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... 235116406/

I think people just want to work with him.
There may also be some internal stuff about Nolan's next movie. Like I'm pretty sure Universal's deal is akin to WB where the film after this one will both be for Universal and have more action/blockbuster appeal. That would make Universal feel better about A. the creative freedom they're giving him and B. the possibility of this film underperforming. And so it may be that the casting will be similar. "Working with me will signify a partnership that I will honor later."

Bacon wrote:
July 21st, 2022, 10:32 pm
EOLB wrote:
Waitedalongtime wrote:
July 6th, 2022, 10:21 am
I do wonder if there's a personal reason why this cast list is even more stacked (and with many actors who have worked with him prior) than any film he's done before. I'm sure the nature of the film allows for all these roles to be played by noteworthy actors, but I'm curious as to if it's for a private reason. Imagine if it was because he was retiring and didn't want to make that public yet, but he let people in the industry know so anyone auditioning would know they'd only have one shot to be in one of his films so they'd take it no matter the size of the role. I'm 99% sure that's not the case, but it's interesting to speculate. It could be out of respect towards him as a director personally and professionally and nothing else.
Sources say that with Nolan’s secretive process, actors sometimes don’t even know what role they are signing up for until the deal is done. In any case, whether for parts big or small, many in Hollywood are more than eager to parachute in.

There may also be some internal stuff about Nolan's next movie. Like I'm pretty sure Universal's deal is akin to WB where the film after this one will both be for Universal and have more action/blockbuster appeal. That would make Universal feel better about A. the creative freedom they're giving him and B. the possibility of this film underperforming. And so it may be that the casting will be similar. "Working with me will signify a partnership that I will honor later."
From the teaser, there was no 'From The Director Of..'

This means he has left his warner days behind and made peace with his past. The relationship with Universal is what will create his legacy and it was just a drill until now

blackColumn wrote:
July 21st, 2022, 10:38 pm

This means he has left his warner days behind and made peace with his past. The relationship with Universal is what will create his legacy and it was just a drill until now
Lol his WB work will absolutely be his legacy. Love that he's reached the point where his name is enough though.

Forum Pro
blackColumn wrote:
July 21st, 2022, 10:38 pm
Bacon wrote:
July 21st, 2022, 10:32 pm
EOLB wrote:

To be fair both the Interstellar teaser and Tenet teaser also didn't list his resume.

Ace

Ace wrote:
July 24th, 2022, 1:58 pm
That's dope, I'd rock that

I'm not sure if it was ever discussed here, but I saw someone on Twitter today suggest Rami Malek is playing James Chadwick.

IMDB is listing Alden Ehrenreich as playing "Richard Feynman"...Can't find confirmation of that anywhere else, though.

And Guy Burnet as George Eltenton.

Modine is playing Vannevar Bush.