Cast

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
natalie wrote:
March 27th, 2023, 8:45 am
This feeling has been growing on me for the past few years that I have an increasing animosity towards film reporters.

Allstar wrote:
March 27th, 2023, 11:52 pm
radewart wrote:
March 27th, 2023, 11:21 pm
Damn Ace, I was just gonna post that tweet :lol:

Sounds great, but you always take it with a bit of "grain of salt" from people who have worked on the film.

Also, why does Matt Damon get to see it and Florence doesn't, lol..
Well his part is much bigger… and Nolan prob screens the film first to his filmmaker friend group which includes Damon.

Also, did not seem like your typical run of the mill praise from a co star with Damon on Cillian 👀
It could just be about location, like Damon lives in LA and Pugh still spends lots of time in England. I wonder if Damon saw the final version or if Nolan is still working on it, maybe destroying the sound mixing, just for fun :lol: .
As for the compliment, indeed, it's a pretty big compliment, and worth noticing. Damon and Blunt have been very good friends for years, and Blunt and Murphy get along very well but I don't think Damon and Murphy knew each other well before shooting. So it really means something, it's not like Cameron praising Genisys to help his friend Schwarzenegger :D :D

Damon and Cillian seem to have really hit it off. Damon is producing Cillian’s new independent Irish film.

Ace

Ace
Interview with Dylan Arnold.

https://www.behindtheblinds.be/love/modern-romance#
Let’s talk about your new project, the biographical thriller, Oppenheimer. You play Frank, the younger brother to Cillian Murphy’s J. Robert Oppenheimer, who was a key figure behind the Manhattan Project and the creation of the atomic bomb during World War II.

Can you tell us more about your character?

Frank had this intense curiosity about everything. About the world, about physics. Quite a bit of humour too but rather intense. He assisted his brother on the Manhattan Project by mapping out site plans and escape routes. In addition to his work as a physicist he was a university professor, and at one point a cattle rancher. He lived many lives! One fact I love about the real-life Frank Oppenheimer is that in his later years he went on and founded the Exploratorium in San Francisco. It’s this interactive science museum where people can come learn about physics free of charge. That was his mission. I had a wonderful time researching him.

How did you prepare for the role?

I did a lot of research. And worked on the script of course. But I really enjoyed diving into the research portion of it. It’s such a different world, it’s something so far from myself so I had fun to trying to get as close to it as I could. I mean, I’m not going to pretend like I know anything about nuclear physics, but it was fun to attempt to try to understand! There are a few documentaries about the Manhattan Project that I watched, a couple of which have interviews with Frank, when he’s much older, so that was a great resource. I also read the book American Prometheus by Kai Bird which is what the script is inspired by. And there’s this wonderful book called Something Wonderful Happens by K.C. Cole about Frank and his creation and evolution of the Exploratorium which also had some great details about his childhood. It’s always a challenge to portray someone who is alive or was alive. Because you don’t want to do an impression of that person. They were a living, breathing, complex individual so it’s impossible to entirely know someone like that. All you can do is get as close as you can to create a character within the confines of the story you’re trying to tell, and then do your interpretation of who that person was. I loved learning about Frank.

Christopher Nolan directs on this movie, and he’s known for preferring practical effects over digital effects. Are we in for some amazing visual set pieces in this film?

I mean… I think with Chris you can always expect something visually spectacular. There was an ongoing joke about whether or not he would get his hands on a real nuclear bomb. Which, of course, he didn’t. But I’m sure he’s going to achieve the same effect with whatever he’s got up his sleeve. The movie is going to be beautiful that’s for sure. You have Hoyte van Hoytema behind the camera, and then we’re shooting out in the desert in New Mexico which has such a vast, beautiful landscape. He never seems to disappoint.

Nice find! He could really pass for Cillian's brother with the shorter hair.

Ace

Ace
Ace wrote:
March 27th, 2023, 7:00 pm
Video of the Florence Pugh interview.
@11:20

Trond Fausa Aurvåg about Nolan and his tea:

I would like to have the official runtime soon.