Cast

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
radewart wrote:
September 27th, 2022, 6:50 pm
I wonder if we'll see Peter and Toni as teens or young adults? How far will Nolan go into Oppenheimer's life?

For those who read the book, poor Toni's life ended up being so sad and tragic.
From the president Lyndon Johnson and first lady Lady Bird Johnson lookalikes casting, we know this scene is in the film:

You can see Peter behind Kitty and Toni behind Peter. So, yes, we'll see them when they're older too.

KEM
Who’s Toni?

KEM wrote:
September 30th, 2022, 12:21 am
Who’s Toni?
Oppenheimer's daughter

Ace

I'm curious, you've worked recently as an actor on a number of projects and some high-profile things. What have you learned over the last few years that you want to take with you as a filmmaker to your future endeavors?

SCHWEIGHÖFER: That first, it's always about the vision and that acting has to be real, but still in a film. You know what I mean? For example, the work with Chris Nolan was so interesting, and I love him so much. The same with Sally because she was so calm and so nice, and she always tried to focus on, "Hey, how can I reach my goals by making them crystal clear? Hey, you have to let it go and follow my vision." I think it was a great learning process for me.

I have to ask you, what is it like getting the phone call from Nolan, or whoever, saying, "We would like you to be in a Chris Nolan movie?

SCHWEIGHÖFER: It was so surreal because I did a casting for him two years before, and I really effed it up, and it wasn't a good casting, and I think I was horrible. Then to receive that call, "Hey, you're in." I was so happy. The weirdest thing was, I immediately called Hans Zimmer and Zack Snyder and told them, "Hey, I will be in Chris's next film." They both were like, "Oh my God, say hi to him." That was really crazy. That was, to be honest, that was really, really weird. But great.

Yeah, I can't imagine. The thing that I'm most looking forward to with that film is, not only that it's a Nolan movie, but I believe he shot most of it in IMAX and I cannot wait to see what he's cooking up.

SCHWEIGHÖFER: Yeah. I mean, it looked fantastic. All these actors are amazing. Cillian Murphy, he was fantastic. Even I can wait to see the film. I can't wait to see the film.
New interview with Gary Oldman.
Indeed, he settled so comfortably into the role that he grew his hair to match the part and refused to cut it for Christopher Nolan’s Oppenheimer, which is out next year and tells the story of the atomic bomb. Oldman plays President Truman and his co-stars include Cillian Murphy, Emily Blunt and Florence Pugh.

“I told Chris [Nolan] I can’t cut my hair because I’m committed to playing Lamb for as long as the audiences like the show and those people upstairs want to write the cheques.” He gives a sly smile and pats his protruding belly. “I’m growing into the part.”
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/gary ... -3wrqc9wgq

And one with Matthew Modine
Next summer, he appears in the new Christopher Nolan film, Oppenheimer.

Signing up, he knew “that guy from Peaky Blinders” — for a while we both struggle to remember the name Cillian Murphy — was going to star as J Robert Oppenheimer, the creator of the atomic bomb. That aside, Nolan suggested he was going to be working with unknowns. Then Modine turned up for filming in New Mexico. “I get on set and I’m standing there with Robert Downey Jr, Matt Damon, Gary Oldman and Kenneth Branagh.” He laughs. “Some unknowns!”
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/matt ... -lqpzvg038

Ace wrote:
November 19th, 2022, 12:31 pm

I'm curious, you've worked recently as an actor on a number of projects and some high-profile things. What have you learned over the last few years that you want to take with you as a filmmaker to your future endeavors?

SCHWEIGHÖFER: That first, it's always about the vision and that acting has to be real, but still in a film. You know what I mean? For example, the work with Chris Nolan was so interesting, and I love him so much. The same with Sally because she was so calm and so nice, and she always tried to focus on, "Hey, how can I reach my goals by making them crystal clear? Hey, you have to let it go and follow my vision." I think it was a great learning process for me.

I have to ask you, what is it like getting the phone call from Nolan, or whoever, saying, "We would like you to be in a Chris Nolan movie?

SCHWEIGHÖFER: It was so surreal because I did a casting for him two years before, and I really effed it up, and it wasn't a good casting, and I think I was horrible. Then to receive that call, "Hey, you're in." I was so happy. The weirdest thing was, I immediately called Hans Zimmer and Zack Snyder and told them, "Hey, I will be in Chris's next film." They both were like, "Oh my God, say hi to him." That was really crazy. That was, to be honest, that was really, really weird. But great.

Yeah, I can't imagine. The thing that I'm most looking forward to with that film is, not only that it's a Nolan movie, but I believe he shot most of it in IMAX and I cannot wait to see what he's cooking up.

SCHWEIGHÖFER: Yeah. I mean, it looked fantastic. All these actors are amazing. Cillian Murphy, he was fantastic. Even I can wait to see the film. I can't wait to see the film.
Indeed, he settled so comfortably into the role that he grew his hair to match the part and refused to cut it for Christopher Nolan’s Oppenheimer, which is out next year and tells the story of the atomic bomb. Oldman plays President Truman and his co-stars include Cillian Murphy, Emily Blunt and Florence Pugh.

“I told Chris [Nolan] I can’t cut my hair because I’m committed to playing Lamb for as long as the audiences like the show and those people upstairs want to write the cheques.” He gives a sly smile and pats his protruding belly. “I’m growing into the part.”

And one with Matthew Modine
Next summer, he appears in the new Christopher Nolan film, Oppenheimer.

Signing up, he knew “that guy from Peaky Blinders” — for a while we both struggle to remember the name Cillian Murphy — was going to star as J Robert Oppenheimer, the creator of the atomic bomb. That aside, Nolan suggested he was going to be working with unknowns. Then Modine turned up for filming in New Mexico. “I get on set and I’m standing there with Robert Downey Jr, Matt Damon, Gary Oldman and Kenneth Branagh.” He laughs. “Some unknowns!”
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/matt ... -lqpzvg038
Thanks for posting

Ace wrote:
November 19th, 2022, 12:31 pm

What is Nolan gonna do? bald cap? CGI! How is he gonna deal with the Oldman hair?

Forum Pro
Apologies if this has already been brought up, but I rewatched Interstellar last night and the cast in that movie is stacked! With perspective, I think it's his most crowded movie yet in terms of recognizable faces.
Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, David Gyasi, Wes Bentley, Michael Caine, John Lithgow, Ellen Burstyn, Casey Affleck, Matt Damon, Timothée Chalamet, Mackenzie Foy, David Oyelowo and Bill Irwin as a voice.
Obviously, some of these names carry a lot more weight today than they did back in 2014, but after seeing how he handled a cast with this many notable names put things in perspective. I don't think Oppenheimer is going to feel to crowded.

DylanHoang wrote:
November 22nd, 2022, 12:03 pm
Apologies if this has already been brought up, but I rewatched Interstellar last night and the cast in that movie is stacked! With perspective, I think it's his most crowded movie yet in terms of recognizable faces.
Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, David Gyasi, Wes Bentley, Michael Caine, John Lithgow, Ellen Burstyn, Casey Affleck, Matt Damon, Timothée Chalamet, Mackenzie Foy, David Oyelowo and Bill Irwin as a voice.
Obviously, some of these names carry a lot more weight today than they did back in 2014, but after seeing how he handled a cast with this many notable names put things in perspective. I don't think Oppenheimer is going to feel to crowded.
You forgot Topher Grace ;) . Also Interstellar is a long movie. I'm not sure Oppenheimer will be more than 135 minutes, since shooting was very quick.

Ace
This X-Files fan podcast has an actor called Pat Skipper as a guest and in the interview he says he has a part in Oppenheimer.

He worked on scenes with Cillian Murphy, Matt Damon and Gary Oldman.

Around 8 Minutes.
https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/t ... 0588440544