Cast

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Ace wrote:
June 6th, 2022, 8:30 am
Post from David Krumholtz
Reminiscing on this extraordinary experience. First and foremost, working with Christopher Nolan was beyond ideal, a lesson in professionalism and filmic sense. A kind, brilliant, intrepid, and hilariously funny man.

Cillian Murphy is one of the more centered and peaceful actors I’ve ever had the privilege to share scenes with. Learned a ton from his patience and trust in the simpler, more impactful choices.

Made some really special “Oppenhomies” on this one, a group of intuitive natural talents who raised the bar everyday. @robertdowneyjr, Emily Blunt, Matt Damon, @matthewmodine, Jason Clarke, Macon Blair, @tonygoldwyn, @miss.ot, @gustafskarsgard, @michaelangarano, @olliahaaskivi, Danny DeFerrari, @trondfausa, @devbostick @shuapeck, @bowedtie, Josh Hartnett, and the list goes on and on…. An incredible cast!

The kind of experience that cosmically ruins an artist for future experiences.

OPPENHEIMER will be in theatres on July 23rd, 2023.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cedmk7BuuUl ... MyMTA2M2Y=
lovely

Krumholtz confirming that Macon Blair is in the movie. Why hasn't he been announced? Considering everyone else was, and we actually have a photo of him on set.

A Borges man wrote:
June 6th, 2022, 9:05 pm
radewart wrote:
June 6th, 2022, 8:57 pm
EOLB wrote:
June 6th, 2022, 6:58 pm
Almost surely a nothing role, but the Internet Movie Database is listing Susan Elizabeth Shaw as admiral Lewis Strauss' fiancee, Alice Hanauer.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2686594/
I saw that, but's what weird is that Strauss was only married once, and it was in 1923. Way before he would interact with Oppenheimer.
It's probably fake, well see how it shakes out; but her previous credits are weird Christian movies, and she looks too young to be RDJ's fiance, the real-life woman was pretty similar in age.
Yes, you're right: I just saw she was only seven years younger than him. Unless it's a Tuppence Middleton in 'Mank' situation in terms of casting...

The Internet Movie Database is listing Michael Andrew Baker as Joe Volpe. I was thinking Macon Blair was playing him, but I guess not.

Sorry. I'm confusing Joseph Volpe with Roger Robb. I actually think Macon Blair is playing Roger Robb instead.

I do wonder if there's a personal reason why this cast list is even more stacked (and with many actors who have worked with him prior) than any film he's done before. I'm sure the nature of the film allows for all these roles to be played by noteworthy actors, but I'm curious as to if it's for a private reason. Imagine if it was because he was retiring and didn't want to make that public yet, but he let people in the industry know so anyone auditioning would know they'd only have one shot to be in one of his films so they'd take it no matter the size of the role. I'm 99% sure that's not the case, but it's interesting to speculate. It could be out of respect towards him as a director personally and professionally and nothing else.

It adds financial security to the film.

Ace

#Oppenhomies4lyfe
Last edited by Ace on July 6th, 2022, 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Waitedalongtime wrote:
July 6th, 2022, 10:21 am
I do wonder if there's a personal reason why this cast list is even more stacked (and with many actors who have worked with him prior) than any film he's done before. I'm sure the nature of the film allows for all these roles to be played by noteworthy actors, but I'm curious as to if it's for a private reason. Imagine if it was because he was retiring and didn't want to make that public yet, but he let people in the industry know so anyone auditioning would know they'd only have one shot to be in one of his films so they'd take it no matter the size of the role. I'm 99% sure that's not the case, but it's interesting to speculate. It could be out of respect towards him as a director personally and professionally and nothing else.
Sources say that with Nolan’s secretive process, actors sometimes don’t even know what role they are signing up for until the deal is done. In any case, whether for parts big or small, many in Hollywood are more than eager to parachute in.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... 235116406/

I think people just want to work with him.

Both understandable and logical responses. Forgot about the secretive nature enough to where the roles would be mysterious.