Cast

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
I'm surprised how many of these white boys recently cast are not just around the same age, but seem to be of the same hair style, height, and just general features, overall.

He's playing Kenneth Bainbridge, who was the head of the group that conducted the Trinity Test, the first detonation of a nuclear weapon
Last edited by radewart on March 9th, 2022, 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KEM
natalie wrote:
March 9th, 2022, 7:10 pm
What the…?!

I don't know this actor very much, but he played a dramatic role when he was younger, a young boy in a great drama called "Mean Creek".
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0377091/
Remembering when he was saying in a podcast that he auditionned for a part for the movie. He finally got it.

so does every actor who was announced in the past two weeks lol

Tenet's casting was so refreshing. Cillian Murphy is really the only exciting actor in this for me, and Kenneth Branagh. Robert Downey Jr. is okay, but even the women are boring. The thing I liked about Tenet's casting was that Nolan gave really great but definitely more "unknown" actors a chance - actors that should be well-known because they really are great at what they do, but who don't get a lot of roles for one reason or another (skin color, height). I know this film doesn't have a lot of wiggle room when it comes to having a more diverse cast, due to the time period, but I just thought I would voice my love for the Tenet cast.

marshallmurphy wrote:
March 10th, 2022, 10:36 am
Tenet's casting was so refreshing. Cillian Murphy is really the only exciting actor in this for me, and Kenneth Branagh. Robert Downey Jr. is okay, but even the women are boring. The thing I liked about Tenet's casting was that Nolan gave really great but definitely more "unknown" actors a chance - actors that should be well-known because they really are great at what they do, but who don't get a lot of roles for one reason or another (skin color, height). I know this film doesn't have a lot of wiggle room when it comes to having a more diverse cast, due to the time period, but I just thought I would voice my love for the Tenet cast.
I wouldn’t describe Downey Jr., Pugh, Safdie as boring. These are some of the more exciting castings for me at least.

marshallmurphy wrote:
March 10th, 2022, 10:36 am
I wouldn't necessarily describe this cast as boring, but I get what you're saying. Tenet's cast is one of my favorite things about the film, even the bit parts are cool.