Cast

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.

Seeing all the actors again, I realize how crazy this casting is, maybe one of his most "Nolanian" casting to date! Not necessarly only big names but all incredible talents. And to see Josh Hartnett and Robert Downey Jr. in the same project, I have the feeling that he's the only one capable of reuniting this kind of actors together today in Hollywood. I really feel that he will once again surpass himself and reach a level not yet expected in his filmography.

The more I think about this new project, the more I anticipate all the conceptual greatness and innovation he'll bring to it, like I already said, I'm feeling a lot of the conceptual experimentation/character studies of his earlier films(Memento/Insomnia/The Prestige etc...) mixed with the ambitious scale of his recent ones.
I think we can prepare for the most complex and complete character study Nolan will ever bring among his entire filmography.

I feel that new names will be announced soon, in dribs and drabs now, we are getting closer and closer to the shooting! :gonf: :gonf:

How many more big names do you all expect to see added? Do you think Blunt and Pugh will be the only major female actors? I haven't read the book and honestly know nothing about this event.

Friends, as you know, the casting director on this project is John Papsidera. Maybe you know how to contact him.? On imdb.pro little information. This is very very important.

marshallmurphy wrote:
January 5th, 2022, 4:39 pm
How many more big names do you all expect to see added? Do you think Blunt and Pugh will be the only major female actors? I haven't read the book and honestly know nothing about this event.
There is potential 2 more female characters I can see from the book: another mistress who was also a co-worker, and Oppenhiemer's daughter. There are some major scientists and big players that still need to be cast, and I mean major players as well as his brother.

Oku
In all likelihood they've just been cut from the film, not unlike how Mr. Churchill was 'cut' from Dunkirk.

Where is Michael Caine?

LeoCobb wrote:
February 23rd, 2022, 8:37 pm
Where is Michael Caine?
He’s pretty much retired. He may be incorporated in some way like he was in Dunkirk imo.

Forum Pro
LeoCobb wrote:
February 23rd, 2022, 8:37 pm
Where is Michael Caine?
He’s been cast, his name is Kenneth Baranagh. He’s the new Michael Caine.