Cast

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
DHOPW42 wrote:
November 13th, 2021, 8:21 am
I'm curious to see Matt Damon's take on the character of General Groves, who - based on the book - is a true bully who demanded utmost respect from his subordinates. It is really not something I see in Damon at first, I'm even wondering if he's ever done this sort of mean dickhead character.
No Sudden Move

I just learned that Niels Bohr (a Danish physicist) was part of the British mission to the Manhattan Project. Perhaps the character could appear in the film, but in a small role?

I don't know, but I could probably see Kristen Stewart playing the role of Jean Tatlock, to see her with Nolan would be great.

User of Interest wrote:
November 16th, 2021, 6:13 pm
I just learned that Niels Bohr (a Danish physicist) was part of the British mission to the Manhattan Project. Perhaps the character could appear in the film, but in a small role?
I think there's a possibility for many great physicists to appear in smaller roles in the film. To the best of my knowledge (which is based on the book), Bohr was among the first to encourage the scientific community to think about the future implications of the atom bomb, and propagated the idea of international transparency when it comes to the development of nuclear weapons. This was a hot issue among scientists and politicians after WW2, as scientists (Bohr being among the first) predicted a nuclear arms race would follow if the matter wasn't taken care of properly. The tragedy is that, if you really want to put it simply, the Cold War was pretty much made possible because of the reluctance of certain politicians to listen to the ideas first expressed by Bohr, then further propagated by the likes of Leo Szilard and Oppenheimer himself. This is definitely one theme that could be included in the film.

So I can definitely see Bohr turn up even for only one scene. I'm also quite excited to see what scientific "cameos" we can expect to see, as there are at least three Hungarian-born physicist that could well be included in the story (Edward Teller, Leo Szilard and John von Neumann). But it all depends on what the main focus of the film will be.

It’s been so long since last casting that I think there are only four major roles and the rest of the cast won’t be big name actors. Just a guess.

Allstar wrote:
December 4th, 2021, 2:50 am
It’s been so long since last casting that I think there are only four major roles and the rest of the cast won’t be big name actors. Just a guess.
For Dunkirk, Murphy was announced at the same time as the young actors and long after the rest of the big names (Branagh, Rylance, Hardy).
For Tenet, Branagh was not announced until WB released a statement, confirming the cast.

Universal: “So Chris which big names would you like in the cast?”
Chris: “Yes.”

Allstar wrote:
December 4th, 2021, 2:50 am
I sink.

KEM
IN

LuciusNightmare wrote:
October 26th, 2021, 3:02 pm
I could see Rami Malek as a nerdy scientist.

Bravo.