Cast

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
I'd be cool with anyone. However with his family's German roots doesn't this feel like a really good Fassbender role? Feel like he could pull of the smarts need. I dunno early front runner for me.

WelcometoNoLand wrote:
September 22nd, 2021, 11:51 pm
I'd be cool with anyone. However with his family's German roots doesn't this feel like a really good Fassbender role? Feel like he could pull of the smarts need. I dunno early front runner for me.

He’s definitely a name that came up in my head.

Cillian Murphy is one of the greatest actors of his generation. I'd say he's probably the greatest European actor at this moment. It think it makes total sense that he would get to play Oppenheimer. He looks the part and it's about time he graduated up to lead in one of Chris' films.

KEM
Really hoping Cillian does take the lead role, he deserves it and I absolutely love his presence on screen no matter what he’s doing, this would definitely be the film for him to take the lead

Ace
Timothée Chalamet posted this on his IG stories a few days ago.

Meeting Nolan at his office possibly?

Ace wrote:
September 27th, 2021, 9:28 am

Chalamet as a young Oppenheimer? :think:

Ace wrote:
September 27th, 2021, 9:28 am

There is a good possibility. I was watching a zoom interview of Nolan on youtube. Nolan was maybe doing the interview in his office and I saw the same frame of the Dark Knight hanging on the wall behind him. Here is the link:

WelcometoNoLand wrote:
September 22nd, 2021, 11:51 pm

That would be amazing! Especially since Fassbender has expressed in the past his desire to work with Nolan.

The thing is, he's going to be busy with David Fincher soon, it remains to be seen how long.

No way Chalamet would have been authorised in with his phone. He just bought posters of two of his favourites films.

Demoph wrote:
September 27th, 2021, 11:41 am
No way Chalamet would have been authorised in with his phone. He just bought posters of two of his favourites films.
Good point