Title Speculation Thread

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
neb4ever wrote:
September 10th, 2021, 12:42 pm
Jesus of Suburbia wrote:
September 10th, 2021, 9:17 am
neb4ever wrote:
September 10th, 2021, 1:25 am
American Prometheus
Probably not since that is a title of a famous Wood Allen film.
Huh?
Sorry I was trying to quote the Manhattan post.

neb4ever wrote:
September 10th, 2021, 1:25 am
American Prometheus
Amazing book

God Of Death
A Film By Christopher Nolan

Trinitite.

Feel it could be symbolic of whatever was left after the bombs in general but also like the beginning of the future devastation at the time as well.

Please let the title be anything but Oppenhiemer. It is so very generic and uninventive for a Nolan film.

Also, Dunkirk did nothing for me. It was flat like Inception. Need more of the soul than mathemathics.

I think Inception is a great movie title.

blackColumn wrote:
September 12th, 2021, 12:48 am
Please let the title be anything but Oppenhiemer. It is so very generic and uninventive for a Nolan film.

Also, Dunkirk did nothing for me. It was flat like Inception. Need more of the soul than mathemathics.
But those are his two best films.....?! You must be doing a bit. What this movie needs is soul-death, you know the kind of thing a person achieves when they create a weapon that kills more than 200,000 people.

We`ve found Chris`s new obsession, information hazards, but if i recall correctly Matt Damon`s characters says on Interstellar "some things arent meant to be known", perhaps this little bug of an idea was poping its head up then, Tenet faced the idea more head on, but this could be on another level, how do we deal with wielding this world ending knowledge, could we ever forget it ? man so many cool concepts, i think i get why it fired up Chris`s filmmaking heart.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
September 13th, 2021, 2:22 am
We`ve found Chris`s new obsession, information hazards, but if i recall correctly Matt Damon`s characters says on Interstellar "some things arent meant to be known", perhaps this little bug of an idea was poping its head up then, Tenet faced the idea more head on, but this could be on another level, how do we deal with wielding this world ending knowledge, could we ever forget it ? man so many cool concepts, i think i get why it fired up Chris`s filmmaking heart.
IT's an extremely important subject; but also extremely difficult. Nolan needs to be focused and nimble, and have a point of view on the subject. Considering it deals with the mass death of real people. I've said this before but the tension at the heart of Nolan's filmmaking is how technocratic his process is but how technophobic his narratives are. Technology also destroys identity in Nolan's films, they are about technology abolishing free-will (inception/tenet) or destroying one's humanity/or a subsumption of it (the prestige/dk trilogy/dunkirk). They are about the failure of systems and methodology (memento/dunkirk/inception/interstellar/tenet/insomnia/dk trilogy/prestige). Which is to say, Oppenhiemer is perfect for Nolan: and I think Nolan is critical of him, the line Tenet about him comes off as a critique.
Like Oppenhiemer should have done what the future scientist did and kill himself.

Eternal Nuclear Radiation Of Spotless Mind