Title Speculation Thread

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
I like the title but what worries me is it doesn't scream 100 million budget blockbuster, it's more like biopic drama.

Interesting to see how they market this.

Oku
I saw a Twitter comment saying that the title should have been PROMETHEUS, if not for an Alien movie already having taken that title. (Prometheus definition: a Titan who is chained and tortured by Zeus for stealing fire from heaven and giving it to humankind)

I'm fine with Oppenheimer, I guess...it clearly signals what the film is going to be about, even if it sounds a little too much like a standard biopic title, dry and boring.

I still like TRINITY but I guess I can see why he didn't go with it; clearly the film is going to focus on the man himself and not so much the event, so as cool as that title is, maybe he didn't feel that it was appropriate...

SCORPIO16 wrote:
October 7th, 2021, 2:19 pm

Tenet = Ambiguous/symbolic title with a gimmick that indicates the concept (If it was focused on the main concept, the best title would have been Inversion)

Inversion was the main physical mechanic of the plot, but i feel the real theme was the non linearity of time, and how the future can influence the past and vice versa, in short, the "vice versa" of time. ( sharing a vision of time with "Arrival")

I like the title, obvious but memorable.

If you haven't watched it yet I can recommend the series "Manhattan" not that I believe Nolans movie will be anything close resemblance. buts it's about the same thing nonetheless.

my immediate thought went of course to if has Nolan watched Manhattan or if he's totally oblivious to its existence?

Oku
Looks like a soap opera...

Shouldn’t this thread title be changed or thread locked since it’s no longer speculation? We have a title.