Title Speculation Thread

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Intersomnia.

Internet

Nonjuror wrote:
September 19th, 2021, 6:53 am
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
September 13th, 2021, 12:59 am
I think Inception is a great movie title.
What about ‘Inter … ception’, then, for the new film?
Nolan's football movie.

Inter the Tzar Bomb

Boom!

Janky Sam wrote:
September 19th, 2021, 3:29 pm
Nonjuror wrote:
September 19th, 2021, 6:53 am
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
September 13th, 2021, 12:59 am
I think Inception is a great movie title.
What about ‘Inter … ception’, then, for the new film?
Nolan's football movie.
Rugby, surely, in Nolan’s case?

The more I think about it, and no way the film won't be called "Trinity", the title is already very Nolanian, but also because it refers to a final stage and key in the development of the Manhattan project, and that has and would have a very strong resonance for a film focusing on the journey of a particular person.

But maybe he'll surprise us! I hope.

Trinity seems too Matrix-y and also reminds me of Blade 3.

I know it's just a word that's up for grabs and it can be used as a title for anything, but I feel like there's an "association" in the general public with these examples. I hear that word and I immediately see green code scrolling down.

I don't think it's distinct enough as a title.

I think the association with "trinity" is more with "holy trinity", than other movies. It would be a great title. This section of a documentary stood out...

Interviewer: What your thoughts are about the proposal of Senator Robert Kennedy, that President Johnson initiate talks, with a view to halt the spread of nuclear weapons?
Oppenheimer: it's uh... 20 years too late... it should've been done, the day after Trinity.

I could see the movie ending on a note like that. Bringing it back around to the Trinity test, as the defining moment, would make it worthy of being the title.

The more I think about the title, the more I like just "Oppenheimer". It is just so simple and still memorable.