Soundtrack: Göransson Returns

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.

Who Will Score Nolan's Oppenheimer/A-Bomb/WWII Film?

Göransson
58%
Zimmer
32%
Other
10%

Total votes: 90

KEM wrote:
October 15th, 2021, 6:17 pm
And on a technical level Ludwig is a much more knowledgeable composer, he has a higher level of education in the field and is capable of writing much more complex music than Hans is. Completely subjective as to who you like more but that isn’t something you can argue
This isn't a negative on Zimmer's part. It allows him to approach music differently which helped set him apart. Nolan doesn't have a film education & it isn't stopping him by any means.

KEM
321Music wrote:
October 15th, 2021, 6:25 pm
KEM wrote:
October 15th, 2021, 6:17 pm
And on a technical level Ludwig is a much more knowledgeable composer, he has a higher level of education in the field and is capable of writing much more complex music than Hans is. Completely subjective as to who you like more but that isn’t something you can argue
This isn't a negative on Zimmer's part. It allows him to approach music differently which helped set him apart. Nolan doesn't have a film education & it isn't stopping him by any means.
Fair point, it’s a double edged sword sometimes, there are trade offs and Hans has certainly made the most of his skill set, as has Ludwig, both are the best in the industry and deserve everything they’ve gotten

321Music wrote:
October 15th, 2021, 5:58 pm
A Borges man wrote:
October 15th, 2021, 5:47 pm
Dude, this is just early 2000s Zimmer + Lisa Gerrard....get it...it's vaguely oriental make sure there is a lady warbling. Don't get me wrong love Gladiator, Black Hawk Down and M:I2...but don't try to sell this as new and experiment. In fact, more evidence that without Nolan, Zimmer is moving backwards......did Nolan invert Zimmer?

... I mean if you knew the tiniest bit of info about Dune you'd know Denis wanted the female presence in the score. Not to mention it's completely different to Gladiator as a score.
Did Denis want the exact same female vocalist Zimmer used in his other movie scores?

KEM wrote:
October 15th, 2021, 6:35 pm
Fair point, it’s a double edged sword sometimes, there are trade offs and Hans has certainly made the most of his skill set, as has Ludwig, both are the best in the industry and deserve everything they’ve gotten
100%

A Borges man wrote:
October 15th, 2021, 6:39 pm

Did Denis want the exact same female vocalist Zimmer used in his other movie scores?
Lisa Gerrard features in Dune but the main vocalist & most prominent one is Loire Cotler.

321Music wrote:
October 15th, 2021, 6:44 pm
A Borges man wrote:

Lisa Gerrard features in Dune but the main vocalist & most prominent one is Loire Cotler.
That's cool. With all this Dune love, is there a Dune or Denis forum you go to, or do you just love posting your Dune drool in the Nolan forum?

KEM
321Music wrote:
October 15th, 2021, 6:44 pm
A Borges man wrote:

Yep the one we’ve heard in all the trailers and everything had been Loire, phenomenal performance by her!!

A Borges man wrote:
October 15th, 2021, 6:49 pm

That's cool. With all this Dune love, is there a Dune or Denis forum you go to, or do you just love posting your Dune drool in the Nolan forum?
Just because I called out your misinformation doesn't mean I'm "Dune Drooling" lol. We're talking about Zimmer here, who'll always be connected to Nolan, who's my favorite director.

Learn to properly handle being corrected or don't spread false info in the first place mate.

KEM wrote:
October 15th, 2021, 6:52 pm
Yep the one we’ve heard in all the trailers and everything had been Loire, phenomenal performance by her!!
Yup!

321Music wrote:
October 15th, 2021, 6:56 pm
A Borges man wrote:
October 15th, 2021, 6:49 pm

Just because I called out your misinformation doesn't mean I'm "Dune Drooling" lol. We're talking about Zimmer here, who'll always be connected to Nolan, who's my favorite director.

Learn to properly handle being corrected or don't spread false info in the first place mate.
I mean, Lisa Gerrard is on the Dune soundtrack, No? Hardly spreading misinformation comparing Zimmer's new work to his older work...both featuring women warbling in order to imbue the score with some orientalist energy...mate.