Soundtrack: Göransson Returns

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.

Who Will Score Nolan's Oppenheimer/A-Bomb/WWII Film?

Göransson
58%
Zimmer
32%
Other
10%

Total votes: 90

KEM wrote:
December 23rd, 2022, 1:19 pm
The music in the official trailer is more “end credits” vibe, the IMAX exclusive trailer is more “bomb detonation scene” vibe
i bet the detonation is silent.

KEM
Nicolaslabra wrote:
December 23rd, 2022, 10:51 pm
KEM wrote:
The music in the official trailer is more “end credits” vibe, the IMAX exclusive trailer is more “bomb detonation scene” vibe
Let me rephrase that, “tension leading up to the bomb detonation”

That’s moreso what I meant

KEM wrote:
December 24th, 2022, 12:47 am
Nicolaslabra wrote:
December 23rd, 2022, 10:51 pm
KEM wrote:
Let me rephrase that, “tension leading up to the bomb detonation”

That’s moreso what I meant
I totally see that, i agree.

Can't stop listening to this. Beautiful theme.

Quite different than the teaser and IMAX trailer but it's beautiful.

KEM
Tarssauce wrote:
January 5th, 2023, 10:36 am
Can't stop listening to this. Beautiful theme.

Quite different than the teaser and IMAX trailer but it's beautiful.

Amazing!! I might go in an manually automate up the volume where you can hear it getting turned down for dialogue, see if I can make it sound a little more natural

Listening to it without picture, it actually reminds me of... Zimmer's score for Man of Steel?

-Vader

KEM
Vader182 wrote:
January 5th, 2023, 4:30 pm
Listening to it without picture, it actually reminds me of... Zimmer's score for Man of Steel?

-Vader
Definitely very Zimmer-esque. Which is not a bad thing, IMAX trailer is classic Ludwig vibes, so I think this score is going to cover a lot of ground

Vader182 wrote:
January 5th, 2023, 4:30 pm

-Vader
Yes, plus the final bars of the music feature a very Göransson-like, rythmic synth part.

KEM
Just went through and fixed (as best as I could) a lot of the volume automation they did for the dialogue, I also took the liberty of mastering it as well. Unfortunately I don't have Izotope RX10 Advanced so I'm not able to restore any of the top end that was lost from it's mp3 conversion, but when I mastered it I did brighten up the track as a whole. But if any of you have RX10 Advanced and want to fix the top end loss, please do

I'll upload the track to Dropbox for whoever wants it

KEM wrote:
January 5th, 2023, 5:23 pm
Just went through and fixed (as best as I could) a lot of the volume automation they did for the dialogue, I also took the liberty of mastering it as well. Unfortunately I don't have Izotope RX10 Advanced so I'm not able to restore any of the top end that was lost from it's mp3 conversion, but when I mastered it I did brighten up the track as a whole. But if any of you have RX10 Advanced and want to fix the top end loss, please do

I'll upload the track to Dropbox for whoever wants it
I’d like it! :gonf: