Soundtrack: Göransson Returns

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.

Who Will Score Nolan's Oppenheimer/A-Bomb/WWII Film?

Göransson
58%
Zimmer
32%
Other
10%

Total votes: 90

So jealous of forum member 'KEM'.

KEM wrote:
January 18th, 2024, 6:53 pm
Nicolaslabra wrote:
January 18th, 2024, 5:22 pm
KEM wrote:
January 16th, 2024, 8:03 pm
I was given a VIP seat for the concert so I was sitting next to Hoyte van Hoytema, David Dastmalchian, Steven Yeun, Devon Bostick, Alex Wolff, Childish Gambino, Ludwig’s parents, and Christopher Nolan himself…

It was an absolutely incredible experience, one of I will certainly never forget. The concert sold out pretty much immediately and I was so bummed I was going to miss the concert, but last minute I was offered a VIP ticket and the rest, as they say, is history!!

Seeing it live made me aware of a lot of small cues that I never noticed even after seeing the film 10 times in IMAX, there’s so much music that you’d never notice in the film unless you were at the concert seeing it all performed live and it just made me appreciate Ludwig’s masterful score that much more!
THATS SOOO COOOL DUDE !!! , ohh im sooo soo happy for you :gonf:
Thank you!! Hoyte literally sat right next to me on my left, there was one empty seat between us and that’s it, I told him about how I’d seen Oppenheimer 10 times in IMAX and TENET 15 times and he said “you’re a crazy bastard” and we laughed
WOW, thats a moment to remember for a lifetime and longer, id kill for Hoyte to call me a crazy bastard hahaha, to quote gosling; "SUBLIME!!"

KEM
I’ve got a really cool piece of info that I was given by someone that works with Ludwig on all his projects. The score for Oppenheimer that we have was actually not the first score written for the film, it was like the fourth one. The original score was very electronic and they had about an hour of music done but that was all scrapped in favor of a completely orchestral score, they then decided to go back to a more electronic score, and finally they settled on the blend that we have on the final score.

Oku
I'm inclined to believe that, because Opp had the most leeway in terms of post-production time out of all of his movies.

As he famously doesn't do reshoots, all that extra time until release probably went towards endlessly tweaking the edit and the music, both of which are relatively cheap tasks that can be accomplished in a single room.

KEM wrote:
January 28th, 2024, 5:10 am
I’ve got a really cool piece of info that I was given by someone that works with Ludwig on all his projects. The score for Oppenheimer that we have was actually not the first score written for the film, it was like the fourth one. The original score was very electronic and they had about an hour of music done but that was all scrapped in favor of a completely orchestral score, they then decided to go back to a more electronic score, and finally they settled on the blend that we have on the final score.
That's interesting, would be great to get a sketchbook release one day.

Happy as I am with the final product, I'd like to hear the very electronic version.

KEM

KEM wrote:
January 28th, 2024, 5:10 am

They should release a electronic version just for the clubs.