Soundtrack: Göransson Returns

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.

Who Will Score Nolan's Oppenheimer/A-Bomb/WWII Film?

Göransson
58%
Zimmer
32%
Other
10%

Total votes: 90

KEM
Nicolaslabra wrote:
July 30th, 2023, 12:04 am
i cant say, i think this soundtrack is a masterpiece and fits the film to perfection, but Tenet`s soundtrack is my jam, rainny night in Tallin is the hardest piece of action misic i`ve ever heard in my goddamn life.
Rainy Night in Tallinn is my favorite piece of music ever written, it’s impossible to beat

Janky Sam wrote:
July 28th, 2023, 5:10 am
So which Göransson Nolan score do we all like more: Tenet or Oppenheimer?
Personally, I prefer the Oppenheimer album over Tenet. "Rainy Night In Tallin" rules, and I enjoy that album fine overall, but I've just been mainlining Oppenheimer relentlessly over the last week and a half. I think a lot of that has to do with how varied it and dynamic it feels.

"Can You Hear The Music" is one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard, and "Trinity" is my new go-to track to crank when I have to merge onto a highway or something (most Nolan films typically have at least one highway merger on the soundtrack album, something I look forward to with each new release).

Hell, even my three year old son is starting to be able to recognize his favorite tracks and name them: "I wan' listen to 'Trinny.'"

sanford wrote:
July 30th, 2023, 12:08 pm
Janky Sam wrote:
July 28th, 2023, 5:10 am
So which Göransson Nolan score do we all like more: Tenet or Oppenheimer?
Personally, I prefer the Oppenheimer album over Tenet. "Rainy Night In Tallin" rules, and I enjoy that album fine overall, but I've just been mainlining Oppenheimer relentlessly over the last week and a half. I think a lot of that has to do with how varied it and dynamic it feels.

"Can You Hear The Music" is one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard, and "Trinity" is my new go-to track to crank when I have to merge onto a highway or something (most Nolan films typically have at least one highway merger on the soundtrack album, something I look forward to with each new release).

Hell, even my three year old son is starting to be able to recognize his favorite tracks and name them: "I wan' listen to 'Trinny.'"
Ha, it's funny you say that. I was listening to "Destroyer of Worlds" on the way back from Indianapolis where I saw the movie, and I floored it out of a rest stop to merge onto the highway right when the music picks up toward the end (where it sounds similar to "Can You Hear the Music"). The person with me looked at me and I turned to her and said, "Just trying to feel the music..." :lol:

From the Unleashing Oppenheimer book, Ludwig and his wife Serena work together on
the Oppenheimer score

That Colonel Pash track really took me by surprise. Its the perfect tone for that scene. A scene which equally surprised me. Powerful stuff. Bravo Ludwig :clap:

Collector03601 wrote:
August 4th, 2023, 1:55 am
That Colonel Pash track really took me by surprise. Its the perfect tone for that scene. A scene which equally surprised me. Powerful stuff. Bravo Ludwig :clap:
Perfectly matches the look on Casey`s eyes of pure "i got myself a new victim" type shit, creepy af.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
August 4th, 2023, 4:10 pm
Collector03601 wrote:
August 4th, 2023, 1:55 am
Perfectly matches the look on Casey`s eyes of pure "i got myself a new victim" type shit, creepy af.
Definitely. I also love the choice to show Pash for the first time from behind as he is sitting down, putting his glasses on.With that score its just perfect.

Forum Pro
After watching it for the seventh time last night, I realized that the second Niels Bohr scene where he says "the world is not prepared" is one of my favorite scenes. It might be my favorite Nolan/Branagh collaboration and I just love how haunting it is. There's something extremely existential about watching actors play people who are long gone, whose work affects us to this day in every walking moment. That said, one of the reasons why it works so well is the music...and correct me if I'm wrong, this section isn't in the score is it? Quite underwhelming cause it's damn good stuff.

KEM
Ludwig better win the Oscar