Soundtrack: Göransson Returns

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.

Who Will Score Nolan's Oppenheimer/A-Bomb/WWII Film?

Göransson
58%
Zimmer
32%
Other
10%

Total votes: 90

antovolk wrote:
July 27th, 2023, 7:37 am
TIDAL works through built in TV apps but you need to susbcribe there...
Unfortunately TIDAL isn't available where I live so Apple TV 4K it is.

So which Göransson Nolan score do we all like more: Tenet or Oppenheimer?

Oppenheimer > Tenet

Both equally great imo, TENET's score was bonkers & more experimental whereas Oppenheimers has more of a classical element to it.

Outside of Can you hear the music track, I can’t remember anything distinct from this soundtrack. Göransson and Nolan gets a B for this collaboration. Tenet gets an A because like Dune, it felt fresh and experimental. It’s interesting how Hans Zimmer cut ties with Nolan, proclaimed his allegiance to Denis Villeneuve and immediate won an Oscar for the soundtrack of Dune. Ludwig Göransson got an Oscar for Black Panther and didn’t even get a nomination for Tenet. I expect the same fate for Oppenheimer. I feel like the Academy agrees with me that Nolan has a good ear for score and music but he isn’t the best in the business like some people think.

KEM
Janky Sam wrote:
July 28th, 2023, 5:10 am
TENET, easily. The Oppenheimer score is awesome but TENET is my favorite score of all time, so no question for me

Janky Sam wrote:
July 28th, 2023, 5:10 am
Oppenheimer for me, by a large margin.

I thought Nolan decided to put in Lacrimosa by Mozart when "What Have We Done" started playing. Very reminiscent.

i cant say, i think this soundtrack is a masterpiece and fits the film to perfection, but Tenet`s soundtrack is my jam, rainny night in Tallin is the hardest piece of action misic i`ve ever heard in my goddamn life.