Soundtrack: Göransson Returns

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.

Who Will Score Nolan's Oppenheimer/A-Bomb/WWII Film?

Göransson
58%
Zimmer
32%
Other
10%

Total votes: 90

"Oppenheimer" plays immediately when the credits start. One of my favorites.

KEM
Tarssauce wrote:
July 24th, 2023, 7:11 pm
That synth patch is all over Tenet. There are common sounds in both scores. Didn't think he'd be able to fit 808s into this but he managed.
Yeah I would’ve put money on there being no 808s in the movie before seeing it but somehow Ludwig pulled it off

KEM wrote:
July 24th, 2023, 10:48 pm
Tarssauce wrote:
July 24th, 2023, 7:11 pm
That synth patch is all over Tenet. There are common sounds in both scores. Didn't think he'd be able to fit 808s into this but he managed.
Yeah I would’ve put money on there being no 808s in the movie before seeing it but somehow Ludwig pulled it off
we called it, kinda didnt we ?

Tarssauce wrote:
July 24th, 2023, 9:26 pm
"Oppenheimer" plays immediately when the credits start. One of my favorites.
damn! that's a bummer that it's only in the credits... it's SO fitting for like any part of the film. I actually thought it was the part that plays right at the end, like when the bass hits around 1:30, i thought that's right after Oppie says "i believe we already did". I literally thought it was actually then and thought to myself how ingenious that ending was cuz of that music lol. Oh well still amazing piece though. I wish it was in the movie though

FUSION has alot of similar elements to 747 from Tenet.

Pretty cool.

If anyone has an Apple TV with Apple Music (or Tidal) and a Dolby Atmos compatible AVR, the score is available in Atmos. Don’t even need the ceiling speakers, it’s mixed for 5.1 too…

This is *incredible*.

Damn! Time to get Apple TV! Wish this was available in the built in app on my TV though.

Just pre-ordered the CD from MondoShop :)

Thinking about getting that vinyl too. Anyone know if this is an exclusive sold only by Mondo or there is a chance this will pop up on different retailers sites?

Tarssauce wrote:
July 26th, 2023, 7:07 pm
Damn! Time to get Apple TV! Wish this was available in the built in app on my TV though.
TIDAL works through built in TV apps but you need to susbcribe there...

The final scene
which cuts from Strauss meeting the press to the shot of Einstein losing his hat, with the gentle synth score playing over it. It feels so simple and yet so powerfully, shatteringly emotional. Ludwig's score totally makes that.