Soundtrack: Göransson Returns

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.

Who Will Score Nolan's Oppenheimer/A-Bomb/WWII Film?

Göransson
58%
Zimmer
32%
Other
10%

Total votes: 90

Well done again. You're very talented.

This kind of score for a period piece will really pop out.

Thank you. Nolan proved with Dunkirk that a hybrid/electronic score works really well with a WWII film. I’m really curious to know what direction they’re taking with this one.

Tarssauce wrote:
July 18th, 2022, 4:15 pm
Thank you. Nolan proved with Dunkirk that a hybrid/electronic score works really well with a WWII film. I’m really curious to know what direction they’re taking with this one.
well "ackshually" electronic music was invented in the ww2 era, it makes more sense than we might initially feel.

KEM
Nicolaslabra wrote:
July 18th, 2022, 9:56 pm
Tarssauce wrote:
July 18th, 2022, 4:15 pm
well "ackshually" electronic music was invented in the ww2 era, it makes more sense than we might initially feel.
Technically true yes, but regardless I’m a really big fan of when period films have very modern electronic music, it juxtaposes itself very well and in my opinion makes for a much more interesting piece of filmmaking as a whole

The first synthesizer was made 10 years after the war apparently (according to Google). In 1955 specifically.

I’d love to hear some really ominous sounds using synths. I’ve got another idea in my head. This turned into a full concept EP or something.

KEM
Well I think it’s safe to say the first taste we got of the score did NOT disappoint

KEM

Forum Pro
KEM wrote:
August 19th, 2022, 1:34 pm
I made my own Oppenheimer track inspired by Ludwig's music in the teaser (with a little bit of Zimmer Dunkirk inspiration as well), I'd love for you guys to check it out and give me your thoughts!!

https://soundcloud.com/kem-compositions ... -of-worlds
great work! Definitely heard the Dunkirk inspiration in there, specifically "Impulse" and some of "Regimental Brothers"

KEM
DylanHoang wrote:
August 19th, 2022, 1:40 pm
great work! Definitely heard the Dunkirk inspiration in there, specifically "Impulse" and some of "Regimental Brothers"
Impulse is exactly what I was listening to, good ear!!

Dope!