Soundtrack: Göransson Returns

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.

Who Will Score Nolan's Oppenheimer/A-Bomb/WWII Film?

Göransson
58%
Zimmer
32%
Other
10%

Total votes: 90

Oku wrote:
October 22nd, 2021, 9:56 am
After seeing Dune, Team Göransson now all the way baby
A lot of it sounded like the Batman stuff, in my opinion. I can't believe Hans brought back Lisa Gerrard. My god, that shit was played out by the mid 2000s.

Mulholland-Jr wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 7:56 pm

A lot of it sounded like the Batman stuff, in my opinion. I can't believe Hans brought back Lisa Gerrard. My god, that shit was played out by the mid 2000s.
Idk what you're talking about. Lisa Gerrard wasn't the main vocalist; Loire Cotler killed it in the score, she swung for the fences & delivered. It sounds completely new, even Chris Nolan said it's very fresh.

321Music wrote:
October 28th, 2021, 4:24 am
Mulholland-Jr wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 7:56 pm

Idk what you're talking about. Lisa Gerrard wasn't the main vocalist; Loire Cotler killed it in the score, she swung for the fences & delivered. It sounds completely new, even Chris Nolan said it's very fresh.
:lol:

And even Loire’s solo vocals were used minimally. This isn’t another ZS’s JL. The score relies more on layered voices - something he experimented with on Dark Phoenix.

I think this score is one his best. He delivered an incredible main theme (as always) and created a world of new sounds for this film.

Tarssauce wrote:
October 28th, 2021, 7:01 pm
And even Loire’s solo vocals were used minimally. This isn’t another ZS’s JL. The score relies more on layered voices - something he experimented with on Dark Phoenix.

I think this score is one his best. He delivered an incredible main theme (as always) and created a world of new sounds for this film.
Exactly. & it has so many great tracks, especially with the film. "Dream of Arrakis", "Leaving Caladan", "Armada" to name a few .. Really took the theater experience to great heights.

KEM
My favorites are Sandstorm and Herald of the Change, really love both of those

KEM wrote:
November 1st, 2021, 6:54 pm
Me too, Sandstorm got stuck in my head for quite a while after the movie.

KEM
321Music wrote:
November 2nd, 2021, 7:30 am
KEM wrote:
November 1st, 2021, 6:54 pm
Me too, Sandstorm got stuck in my head for quite a while after the movie.
I love that quiet, filtered synth arp that goes throughout the track, it really makes you feel like you’re in a dream, perfect for that scene in the film

Dune Soundtrack was annoying as hell. Especially that clichee oriental/ethno female crying. So damn exhausting. There was no striking melody that everyone immediately assign to Dune. Hans Zimmers last great soundtrack was Interstellar.

I'm glad Göransson is on board now.

To anyone saying the score is just generic wailing^