Soundtrack: Göransson Returns

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.

Who Will Score Nolan's Oppenheimer/A-Bomb/WWII Film?

Göransson
58%
Zimmer
32%
Other
10%

Total votes: 90

DUNKIRKIE wrote:
October 23rd, 2021, 8:03 am
Oku wrote:
October 22nd, 2021, 9:56 am
After seeing Dune, Team Göransson now all the way baby
exactly what's on my mind when I was watching Dune

guys no intention to be mean but i think our good old zimmer has lost it
could you elaborate ? im curious to hear this

KEM
Yeah I’m really curious to hear why Dune makes you guys not want Zimmer, I saw the film in theaters yesterday and thought it was incredible and I loved Zimmer’s work in it, I thought it was perfect for the project. I still want Ludwig because he’s more modern but I wouldn’t say Zimmer has lost it or is out of his prime

Nah... this "Ludwig all the way after seeing Dune" thing is exaggerated IMO. Dune's score is perfect for the movie, although it's not Han's best work I would say. I'm looking forward to seeing what freshness Ludwig can bring to this project. And this Han vs Lugwig debate is becoming irritating at this point.

SCORPIO16 wrote:
October 23rd, 2021, 11:03 pm
And this Han vs Lugwig debate is becoming irritating at this point.
Don't expect it to go away unfortunately. Look at Oppenheimer - General Information thread. Some people are still going at it with Retskrad on the Villeneuve vs Nolan thing. 😂

:facepalm:
Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
October 23rd, 2021, 11:10 pm
SCORPIO16 wrote:
October 23rd, 2021, 11:03 pm
And this Han vs Lugwig debate is becoming irritating at this point.
Don't expect it to go away unfortunately. Look at Oppenheimer - General Information thread. Some people are still going at it with Retskrad on the Villeneuve vs Nolan thing. 😂
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Dune's score is mind-blowing. Its being heavily lauded & rightly so. Nolan also praised it in his Q&A with Denis. The range in that score is beyond incredible.

KEM wrote:
October 15th, 2021, 6:09 pm
Hans’ experimentation is more in the way of sound design, Ludwig’s experimentation is more in the way of crossing genres. I mean TENET is basically all EDM and trap sounds with djent rhythms, and then doing it all inverted. Hans NEVER would’ve done that, never in a million years, Hans has the best sound designers in the game and his sound design is impeccable, if anything I’d like to see them work together in the future

Never thought I would see the term Djent in reference to a Chris Nolan movie...but I am here for it. Waiting for Ludwig to bring in Meshuggah's bleed for the Oppenheimer closing credits.

I also really liked the score for Dune, it really really fits the tone of the film, it added sooo much, the man still at the top of his game if you ask me.

KEM
KingOfTheNorth wrote:
October 26th, 2021, 8:09 pm
KEM wrote:
Hans’ experimentation is more in the way of sound design, Ludwig’s experimentation is more in the way of crossing genres. I mean TENET is basically all EDM and trap sounds with djent rhythms, and then doing it all inverted. Hans NEVER would’ve done that, never in a million years, Hans has the best sound designers in the game and his sound design is impeccable, if anything I’d like to see them work together in the future

Never thought I would see the term Djent in reference to a Chris Nolan movie...but I am here for it. Waiting for Ludwig to bring in Meshuggah's bleed for the Oppenheimer closing credits.
Oh it’s totally obvious, I mean Ludwig is a Swede after all and has confirmed multiple times that he’s a huge Meshuggah fan, no doubt he was tapping into that on TENET

KEM wrote:
October 26th, 2021, 9:42 pm
KingOfTheNorth wrote:
October 26th, 2021, 8:09 pm
KEM wrote:

Oh it’s totally obvious, I mean Ludwig is a Swede after all and has confirmed multiple times that he’s a huge Meshuggah fan, no doubt he was tapping into that on TENET
Thats actually easy to believe seeing how much "feels polyrhythmic but is in 4/4" he put in Tenet. U can hear it on the teaser trailer.