Soundtrack: Göransson Returns

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.

Who Will Score Nolan's Oppenheimer/A-Bomb/WWII Film?

Göransson
58%
Zimmer
32%
Other
10%

Total votes: 90

This answers it folks. The Nolan/Zimmer is officially over. keep in mind he goes on tour in 2022 but I think Ludwig was Nolan’s first choice.

Anyway, really excited to hear what Ludwig will create for this.

Yeah the Nolan-Zimmer collab is over, bummer. Not a fan of Goransson, so I had hoped he would at least maybe pick someone else. Would have liked Justin Hurwitz to have a chance. Or maybe go with JNH.

Will prolly be another Hoytema, his new go-to-guy.

fuck fuck fuck im so fucking happy for this lol

KEM
Imagine wanting Hurwitz over Göransson, come on man…

Whether you like it or not Ludwig is the future of this industry, so why would Nolan want to work with anyone else?

KEM wrote:
October 8th, 2021, 2:46 pm

Whether you like it or not Ludwig is the future of this industry, so why would Nolan want to work with anyone else?
Because I consider Hurwitz work much better than Goranssons output?

He can be the future whatever, not really relevant to my personal preferences now is it? Nolan is well within his right to pick who he wants, just expressing my views on the matter.

KEM
Minst wrote:
October 8th, 2021, 2:51 pm
KEM wrote:

He can be the future whatever, not really relevant to my personal preferences now is it? Nolan is well within his right to pick who he wants, just expressing my views on the matter.
Hurwitz has absolutely nothing to offer Nolan, Nolan is looking to push cinema forward, and Hurwitz is an old school composer, he’s good at what he does but he’s completely unfit for Nolan’s aesthetic, Ludwig, however, is perfect for it

I love it, bring it on!

Minst wrote:
KEM wrote:

I agree with you. I think his work on First Man far better than everything Goransson has done.

KEM
Tourmie wrote:
October 8th, 2021, 4:50 pm
Minst wrote:
KEM wrote:

I agree with you. I think his work on First Man far better than everything Goransson has done.
Not even close, there’s not a single thing Hurwitz can do that Göransson can’t do 10x better, Hurwitz is not innovative in anyway, Ludwig on the other hand is completely innovative.

Tourmie wrote:
October 8th, 2021, 4:50 pm
Minst wrote:
KEM wrote:

The fact that all the themes are the same notes played with different instruments/rythm/intensity could be considered a gimmick, and in some ways it is, but, first of all, all the themes are gorgeous, and second, it ties together the arc of Neil emotionnally as he's unable to see or do anything without being sent back to the original pain that he feels but refuses to face: the loss of his daughter.