Soundtrack: Göransson Returns

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.

Who Will Score Nolan's Oppenheimer/A-Bomb/WWII Film?

Göransson
58%
Zimmer
32%
Other
10%

Total votes: 90

KEM
Oku wrote:
September 14th, 2021, 7:58 pm
How is even that physically possible lol
It’s that good!!

KEM wrote:
September 14th, 2021, 8:49 pm
Oku wrote:
September 14th, 2021, 7:58 pm
How is even that physically possible lol
It’s that good!!
im glad i dont have a car or else this track might cause my untimely death lol.

I'll take Zimmer over Göransson any day of the week. I really like Tenet's music and it's my go to when I workout... but I found the music to be quite cold, and didn't really get under my skin the way Interstellar, Dunkirk, Inception or TDK did. A lot of the emotional beats in the Nolan movies are elevated by Zimmer's music. That combo just works like magic IMO, and I especially would want that in a WW2 drama.

misho92 wrote:
September 15th, 2021, 5:10 am
I'll take Zimmer over Göransson any day of the week. I really like Tenet's music and it's my go to when I workout... but I found the music to be quite cold, and didn't really get under my skin the way Interstellar, Dunkirk, Inception or TDK did. A lot of the emotional beats in the Nolan movies are elevated by Zimmer's music. That combo just works like magic IMO, and I especially would want that in a WW2 drama.
Agreed! As for working out, I find TDK trilogy, Man Of Steel & Supermarine from Dunkirk work like magic!

Zimmer. Tenet has a couple of good tracks and the rest is a bore. (tbh I didn't like Dunkirk OST either but that film has a unique approach to sound)

KEM
Swedes >>>

Oku
Both choices are so great that let's be honest, whomever Mr. Nolan picks, we'll be fine with and rationalize after the fact as the best choice. :lol:

But yeah, as I said, my gut says Mr. Goransson.

Zimmer for me

Maybe Dunkirk track made things lukewarm. Imagine people saying no to Zimmer after his music for interstellar. I can't.

KEM
blackColumn wrote:
September 22nd, 2021, 3:31 am
Maybe Dunkirk track made things lukewarm. Imagine people saying no to Zimmer after his music for interstellar. I can't.
I consider Interstellar to be the weakest score they did together, The Dark Knight Trilogy and Inception are far superior, and I even like Dunkirk more, there’s definitely some great tracks in the Interstellar score but overall I just think it’s Nolan’s worst movie and the score doesn’t do much to make it any better