Soundtrack: Göransson Returns

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.

Who Will Score Nolan's Oppenheimer/A-Bomb/WWII Film?

Göransson
58%
Zimmer
32%
Other
10%

Total votes: 90

Oku
I can't see him going back to Mr. Zimmer, just like never went back to Mr. Pfister.

Blame ego or whatever, I don't know, but precedent tells us that it won't happen.

Oku wrote:
September 13th, 2021, 11:58 am
I can't see him going back to Mr. Zimmer, just like never went back to Mr. Pfister.

Blame ego or whatever, I don't know, but precedent tells us that it won't happen.
Pfister didn't want to be DP anymore, so there's a big difference.

What about James Newton Howard? He worked with Zimmer and Nolan on BB and TDK.

KEM
hotsauce32 wrote:
September 13th, 2021, 11:35 am
To this day I'm still listening to Rainy Night in Tallinn
Thank you, someone finally agrees with me, Rainy Night In Tallinn is my favorite piece of music ever written, EVER!!

hotsauce32 wrote:
September 13th, 2021, 11:35 am
To this day I'm still listening to Rainy Night in Tallinn
Masterpiece track.

User of Interest wrote:
September 13th, 2021, 12:35 pm
James said in an interview earlier this year that he's more of a traditionalist & Nolan prefers experimental work. But thank you for mentioning him because maaann what an underrated genius he is. His melodies in BB & TDK are beautiful.

KEM
321Music wrote:
September 13th, 2021, 12:52 pm
User of Interest wrote:
James said in an interview earlier this year that he's more of a traditionalist & Nolan prefers experimental work. But thank you for mentioning him because maaann what an underrated genius he is. His melodies in BB & TDK are beautiful.
His contributions to those movies are severely underrated, Batman Begins is the most beautiful score I’ve ever heard and all of those lush string arrangements are him, Corynorhinus (Surveying the Ruins) is sooooo good

User of Interest wrote:
JNH said thatt Nolan originally wanted Zimmer to score Batman Begins and it was Zimmer who suggested a collaboration with JNH - because a previous collaboration between the two didn’t come to fruition.

I don’t know why you guys are trying to look for new composers now :lol: He likes to work with the same team so it’s either Zimmer or Goransson.

KEM
Listening to Crashsite Entry right now, the world needs more of this, Ludwig really is a god and I really hope he does this movie, just imagine what kind of crazy sound design motifs he could create for the atom bomb…

KEM wrote:
September 13th, 2021, 1:08 pm
321Music wrote:
September 13th, 2021, 12:52 pm
User of Interest wrote:
His contributions to those movies are severely underrated, Batman Begins is the most beautiful score I’ve ever heard and all of those lush string arrangements are him, Corynorhinus (Surveying the Ruins) is sooooo good
Batman Begins might be the best score to a Nolan film. Thematically rich and diverse, it really is a beauty to behold. And it started an action writing trend that is still with us to today. 10/10.