Oppenheimer - General Information

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
KEM
A Borges man wrote:
March 12th, 2022, 11:17 pm
KEM wrote:
March 12th, 2022, 10:38 pm
I love the sound in TENET, my favorite film mix ever
ME and you both! When I saw that in IMAX, I watched it with my eyes, and heard it with my body!
That’s exactly what I want out of a theater experience!! The 808s in Freeport shook my bones, that’s how bass in a theater should be!!!

radewart wrote:
March 12th, 2022, 11:07 pm
https://variety.com/2022/film/news/donn ... 235203028/
When Christopher Nolan was shopping for a studio for “Oppenheimer,” his look at the creation of the atomic bomb, Donna Langley sprang into action. The Universal Filmed Entertainment Group chairman believes that Nolan, along with Steven Spielberg and Jordan Peele, is one of the few filmmakers whose name above the title demands that audience will pay attention. In an age of streaming and superheroes, that kind of branding has become a rare and valuable thing.

“He makes films that are undeniably theatrical,” Langley said of Nolan during a panel discussion at SXSW on Saturday. “We really focus and strive to create an environment for filmmakers where they can do their best work and minimize the friction and noise, and complement their film with an excellent distribution and marketing campaign.” Plus, “the script [for ‘Oppenheimer’] is phenomenal.”
This is very encouraging and exciting to hear. Others have also commented on how wonderful the script is

The Special One wrote:
March 13th, 2022, 1:54 am
This is very encouraging and exciting to hear. Others have also commented on how wonderful the script is
I don’t know. I mean, isn’t it coming from sources who would usually say stuff like that for marketing purposes in a way? I believe in Nolan but I always take those types of comments lightly because of the aforementioned aspect.

Oku
Weird that he would reply to an unofficial account posting unauthorized paparazzi photos lmao

Sept 2021

WB Exec's office: "come on Chris you're being unreasonable, you can't just cast everybody"

Chris Nolan: *picks up suitcase, throws scarf around neck, struts out of office*

That's just his quirk at this point, less known actor surrounded by some big actors surrounded by smaller ones. I would have like to see an A lister in lead not even sure it will ever happen. Particularly, would love to watch an A lister actress in the central role in an action-thriller.

KEM
blackColumn wrote:
March 25th, 2022, 11:49 pm
That's just his quirk at this point, less known actor surrounded by some big actors surrounded by smaller ones. I would have like to see an A lister in lead not even sure it will ever happen. Particularly, would love to watch an A lister actress in the central role in an action-thriller.
Cillian definitely deserved his leading role in a Nolan film, and he’s had A listers lead multiple films of his

KEM wrote:
March 26th, 2022, 2:09 am
blackColumn wrote:
Cillian definitely deserved his leading role in a Nolan film, and he’s had A listers lead multiple films of his
That's true. Al Pacino, Christian Bale (who became more of an A lister because of his role as Batman in those films), Hugh Jackman, Leo Dicaprio, Matthew Mcconaughey, all fit into the A list category. The other half are Guy Pearce, John David Washington and Fionn Whitehead (though honestly he's not what I'd call the lead of that film, just of his section. Tom Glynn-Carney and Tom Hardy are the leads of their sections imo). So Cillian is kind of in-between. I wouldn't call Cillian an A lister, he's more of a supporting actor. But even if he's not who you'd first think of in regard to casting a leading role, that will just give him the chance to show to people that he's totally capable.

KEM wrote:
March 26th, 2022, 2:09 am
blackColumn wrote:
He absolutely did. One on one, it won't make any sense to criticise castings. It is the pattern that says something.