Oppenheimer - General Information

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Forum Pro
blackColumn wrote:
February 28th, 2022, 11:51 pm
I feel sorry for myself for believing the Brilliant Script thing about Dunkirk and Tenet.

Dunkirk was said to be cut in a mathematically precise way and Tenet had a script that was ultra long and amazing.
Dunkirk's script is his best since Memento. Every theme get across without being blatantly stated. Also his least amount of exposition since The Prestige and the cross-cutting on paper is thoroughly thought out. I think it's exceptional.

Nolan62 wrote:
February 28th, 2022, 6:05 pm
https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-a ... -interview
You mentioned “Oppenheimer.” What made you think that could be a theatrical event and right for Nolan?

Roven: I had been given the book by a friend of mine. I realized that it was going to take a very special filmmaker to do it. But, you know, it did win the Pulitzer Prize. It’s a great piece of literature. And it’s about a seminal event in the 20th century, and one that resonates today.

I’ve known Chris and Emma for almost 20 years now. We were enjoying a weekend together, and I just brought up this idea. And in talking with them about it, Chris said, “Well, let me read the book.” And he came back and said, “I’m interested in doing it.”

It’s just a brilliant script, and we got this wonderful cast together, who also felt the same as we all felt, that it was very compelling. In its own way, almost a thriller. I gotta say, I think a lot of people are going to say, “Oh, Chris Nolan’s doing that? I want to see that.”

Gartner: He’s also got precedent. “Dunkirk” is a great precedent in a way.
This is going to be amazing. Interesting to see that it was Roven who launched him the idea of the book in the first place.
Ah, so I guess that supposed book of Oppenheimer's speeches that Pattinson gave Nolan at the Tenet wrap party was because Nolan had already read the biography as per Roven? So much for thinking Pattinson was the inspiration lol.

Mulholland-Jr wrote:
February 22nd, 2022, 3:13 pm
Nolan trending :D

Also has Hoyte shot black and white before?
He shot a student film called "Veritas" that i think is still in youtube, fully in black and white, 16mm i believe.

Forum Pro
hotsauce32 wrote:
November 12th, 2021, 8:10 pm
Really random, but Josh Peck said he auditioned, pretty much all he could say. Last few minutes of this podcast- https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/i ... 0541558860

Can’t really picture him in a period piece lol
Love how in response to him saying he auditioned for a Chris Nolan film they say "which one". As if he has more than one project going on haha

This to me is bad news. He only worked with Nolan on Tenet and that was the only time I agreed with the complaints about not being able to hear the dialogue often. I literally had to watch with subtitles. God I hope this doesn’t happen again with this.

Looking at Burton's imdb page, he is very accomplished, the poor sound of Tenet lays strictly at Nolan's feet. Hopefully, he listens to the criticisms and makes adjustments.

KEM
I love the sound in TENET, my favorite film mix ever

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/donn ... 235203028/
When Christopher Nolan was shopping for a studio for “Oppenheimer,” his look at the creation of the atomic bomb, Donna Langley sprang into action. The Universal Filmed Entertainment Group chairman believes that Nolan, along with Steven Spielberg and Jordan Peele, is one of the few filmmakers whose name above the title demands that audience will pay attention. In an age of streaming and superheroes, that kind of branding has become a rare and valuable thing.

“He makes films that are undeniably theatrical,” Langley said of Nolan during a panel discussion at SXSW on Saturday. “We really focus and strive to create an environment for filmmakers where they can do their best work and minimize the friction and noise, and complement their film with an excellent distribution and marketing campaign.” Plus, “the script [for ‘Oppenheimer’] is phenomenal.”

KEM wrote:
March 12th, 2022, 10:38 pm
I love the sound in TENET, my favorite film mix ever
ME and you both! When I saw that in IMAX, I watched it with my eyes, and heard it with my body!