Oppenheimer - General Information

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Retskrad wrote:
January 29th, 2022, 7:16 am
I think Tenet made so many people retroactively go back and wonder if Nolan really is a great director. Nothing in that film worked. It was all a jumbled mess. Oppenheimer needs to be more than amazing for people to have any faith in him as a director again. Nolan stans will of course eat up whatever he’s selling and say Yum.
Oppenheimer will not be able to hide behind 'it was pandemic' excuse. (Actually, No Way Home shows that Tenet would have been underwhelming in pre pandemic times too.)

KEM
blackColumn wrote:
January 29th, 2022, 8:31 am
Retskrad wrote:
I think Tenet made so many people retroactively go back and wonder if Nolan really is a great director. Nothing in that film worked. It was all a jumbled mess. Oppenheimer needs to be more than amazing for people to have any faith in him as a director again. Nolan stans will of course eat up whatever he’s selling and say Yum.
Oppenheimer will not be able to hide behind 'it was pandemic' excuse. (Actually, No Way Home shows that Tenet would have been underwhelming in pre pandemic times too.)
TENET was during the height of the first wave of the pandemic, there was a completely different mindset about going out back then and TENET came out during a time when a lot of theaters weren’t even open and most that were didn’t allow max capacity, TENET was a lose/lose situation that still did much better than expected, it didn’t underperform at all given it’s circumstances

Also quit replying to him lol

Oku
"quit replying to him", he says, as he himself does exactly that... :twothumbsup:

lol

KEM
Oku wrote:
January 29th, 2022, 4:15 pm
"quit replying to him", he says, as he himself does exactly that... :twothumbsup:
Not entirely

blackColumn wrote:
January 29th, 2022, 8:31 am
Retskrad wrote:
Curiosity though: what about all the other movies that underwhelmed? Black Widow? Dune? Eternals? They would have face-planted too, right?

cant wait for Oppenheimer to come out so we can delight our eyes with Rekstad`s moronic rants about how its full of white men and that the movie didnt live up to expectations, whatever might they have been after the trailers :lol:
"wow this movie really opened my eyes on chris nolans mediocrity, next film he does really needs to win 16 oscars and beat endgame`s total gross for me to believe in him again"
i wonder what rekstads internal dialogue is like, playing the role of a disgruntled once nolan fan that opened his mind and realized nolan sucks, hoping we might have the same soul crushing realization :o :lol: ohh nooo i cant handle this terrible truth lol, i for one hope he keeps posting, its hilariously pathetic, like watching a toddler wrestle a grown adult.

If Oppenheimer makes less than Dunkirk that can be attributed to it being more niche, same thing that could be said about Dunkirk's comparison to Interstellar and Interstellar's comparison to TDKR. The only modern movie's all time low performance was offloaded to pandemic. Point being, whatever be the reason, the graph line is consistently dipping.

There are a lot of other directors who make great movies without any great success at box office, PTA, Tarantino, Wes Anderson, Denis Villeneuve (apparently Spielberg has joined the club too).

Ant Man and Mission Impossible both announced their release dates after Oppenheimer's date was revealed. That these movies moved next to it shows that they do not see it as a threat at all.

I agree. Disney will release Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania next to Oppenheimer because they know Nolan has gradually lost cultural relevance and box office prowess over the last 10 years. Tenet came and went and nobody outside of the Nolan fanbase talked about it. If a tree falls in a forest, and there’s no one around to hear it, does it make a sound? I doubt Warner Bros shed a single tear when they got rid of him. :lol:

Inception: $836M
Interstellar: $701M
Dunkirk: $527M
Tenet: $363M
Oppenheimer: Going to be much lower than Tenet.