Oppenheimer - General Information

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.

Demoph wrote:
December 10th, 2021, 2:37 am
Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
December 9th, 2021, 10:51 pm
My point is that I think Nolan hasn't been that far from character centered stories as some people make it out to be.
In his last two films, the lead didn't even have a name, and here the name of the lead is the name of the movie. It's quite the change in the approach.
Fair. Although we can't be completely sure just by the name alone specially with such a complex figure in a complex situation at the time. So I guess we should be cautious about expectations but that's just me.

He's bringing his experimentation line though more than likely. Dunkirk showed Nolan approaches historical stories in a different way. Or tries to. Now, this definitely has the potential for a twisted psychological study as well. Hopefully, Nolan will do something surprising with it. Expect the unexpected. Hell, this entire cast so far is very intriguing without a doubt. I was not expecting Safdie.

Insomniac wrote:
December 10th, 2021, 7:41 am
There's now a second production designer listed on IMDb:

Ruth De Jong (https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1968338/)

I wonder if this is because Crowley is still too busy with Wonka?
Interesting. Her previous and next works (Nope) are quite fascinating considering she'll now be in Oppenheimer according to IMDB that is.
Last edited by Paradoxicalparabola on December 10th, 2021, 8:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Useless information: Jen Lame is editing Olivia Wilde's Don't worry darling where Pugh plays one of the lead. She also helped on Midsommar, though she wasn't the main editor on that one (probably too busy with Marriage Story). So she will be used to editing Pugh's performance.
Insomniac wrote:

She worked on Nope, so maybe Hoytema recommended her? She also worked on Twin Peaks the return. She started working in the art department for PTA and Malick's films. Considering she has worked with PTA, Malick, Peele and Lynch, she could be a great addition, if confirmed.

Demoph wrote:
December 10th, 2021, 8:42 am

She worked on Nope, so maybe Hoytema recommended her? She also worked on Twin Peaks the return. She started working in the art department for PTA and Malick's films. Considering she has worked with PTA, Malick, Peele and Lynch, she could be a great addition, if confirmed.
Indeed. Considering Hoytema also worked in Nope, it feels as if Nolan and Peele told each other: hey, work with this person. :P

Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
December 10th, 2021, 8:49 am
Demoph wrote:
December 10th, 2021, 8:42 am

Indeed. Considering Hoytema also worked in Nope, it feels as if Nolan and Peele told each other: hey, work with this person. :P

Exciting stuff! Work on Twin Peaks: the return...love that thing.

A lot of those $100M is going in these actors.

blackColumn wrote:
December 10th, 2021, 10:04 am
I hope not. Huge paychecks for actors are wasted money nowadays. Only maybe a few exceptions like Leo DiCaprio can convince a huge amount of people going to the cinema. The times were famous actors could sell a movie are over.

I guess all these actors are paid way less as normal. Because they enjoy the privilege of working with Christopher Nolan. Same goes for Wes Anderson, Paul Thomas Anderson etc.

blackColumn wrote:
December 10th, 2021, 10:04 am
Unlikely. I think everyone took pay cuts to be a part of this.

Yeah, even if his films haven't been the most 'actor-centric' for the lack of a better word, I think most actors would give up a lot if they could get the chance to be in one of his films.

Insomniac wrote:

I'm obviously a fan of the production design in most Nolan films, but a new name being added to the mix is pretty exciting.