Oppenheimer - General Information

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
EOLB wrote:
May 30th, 2023, 5:31 pm

If it's true, the american equivalent is what? PG-13?
The BBFC 15 rating is equivalent to an R rating from the MPA in the United States, the difference is that the R-rating is for ages 17 and up and partially restrictive (Examples of 15-rated films include Deadpool, Deadpool 2, Logan, John Wick, RRR, Joker, The Purge, The Suicide Squad, Hustlers, Magic Mike, Hereditary,
https://rating-system.fandom.com/wiki/1 ... editary%2C

Uno
EOLB wrote:

I think most films with a 15 BBFC certificate usually get an R or a strong PG-13 rating by the MPA

Probably has some

F-BOMBS.

Doubt this will be Rated R.

Tenet which is PG-13 in the US would’ve gotten a “15” rating had they not cut 9 seconds of it to get a “12A” rating. So it’ll probably be PG-13.

Oh, and official runtime is close at this point.

BobCobb wrote:
May 30th, 2023, 6:31 pm
Probably has some

F-BOMBS.
Exactly. there would be no reason for this film to be rated R

El Especial wrote:
May 30th, 2023, 6:15 pm
EOLB wrote:

The BBFC 15 rating is equivalent to an R rating from the MPA in the United States, the difference is that the R-rating is for ages 17 and up and partially restrictive (Examples of 15-rated films include Deadpool, Deadpool 2, Logan, John Wick, RRR, Joker, The Purge, The Suicide Squad, Hustlers, Magic Mike, Hereditary,
https://rating-system.fandom.com/wiki/1 ... editary%2C
15 can be for PG-13 films that are deemed to be too intense for a 12A rating. I'm betting Oppenheimer is gonna be a PG-13 still but they decided to rate it a 15 ultimately. I have to say that if that's the case then I'm not sure why, Dunkirk was very intense and that got both a PG-13 and a 12A/12 at the same time. I don't know what's gonna be in this film that would bump it up unless it's getting R rated in the states which I don't think it will be.

Oku
If that's real, then that's insane.

I never would have expected a 15A. I mean, freaking Dunkirk got a 12A.

Could Oppie actually be rated R and not PG-13?? A few hours ago I would have scoffed and laughed in your face. Now I'm not so sure.

I just can't see Oppenheimer being rated R it's already an expensive risk for Universal

I mean considering the movie needs to show us Oppie balling Blunt, Pugh and Lombard, I think we are gonna get that R from the sheer amount of penetrative force. Nolan did say it was 3 hours of kissing.

The movie did have an intimacy coordinator on set.