Oppenheimer - General Information

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Well… one can hope, haha.

I’m going tomorrow in 70mm!!! Will be only my second time seeing it. First time was IMAX 70mm film July opening day

AMC Tysons Corner in VA 70mm projector bulb broke… drove an hour to go see it :facepalm:

Not sure how reliable this is, but wow if that percentage of blu-ray sales is true...

Innovator wrote:
December 17th, 2023, 8:02 am
Not sure how reliable this is, but wow if that percentage of blu-ray sales is true...

All I can tell you is that I have been following a bit the steelbook releases, for example, and they have been going extremely fast in my experience. So, it wouldn’t seem too much of a stretch to me but who knows.

Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
December 17th, 2023, 10:26 am
All I can tell you is that I have been following a bit the steelbook releases, for example, and they have been going extremely fast in my experience. So, it wouldn’t seem too much of a stretch to me but who knows.
It seems like it is true after all

Thanks to Christopher Nolan, reports of the death of physical media are greatly exaggerated. One week after the Nov. 21 release of the “Oppenheimer” Blu-ray, Best Buy and Amazon reported that they were completely sold out of 4K UHD copies of the exacting director’s latest film.

“It’s unheard of,” says Justin LaLiberty, director of operations for Vinegar Syndrome, a film restoration and distribution company. “In the past decade, I can’t think of another title that caused that type of fervor.”
One strategy to combat the falling numbers has been the expansion of the 4K market. In fact, so far “Oppenheimer” 4K discs represent 40% of all of the film’s domestic physical disc sales — a new industry high. Following the lead of vinyl, a “dead” media that’s seeing a massive resurgence, companies like Arrow and Criterion are enticing fans with limited-edition, retailer-exclusive packaging and deluxe releases bursting with bonus materials.
https://variety.com/2023/film/news/oppe ... 235837539/

This is incredible.