Oppenheimer - General Information

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
A rated R Nolan flick. A whole new level of hype

I feel like we'll see Truman lambasting Oppenheimer in a B&W segment including his well-known "cretin" quote which could explain some of the language. Maybe Nolan made an extended version where he really laid into him lol

Not to mention there's probably many other fun quotes to include.

As someone who lives in the Middle East, this sucks. I'm pretty sure they're gonna butcher the movie by removing the rated R scenes...

Forum Pro
The last three-hour epic to be rated R was Babylon and we all know how that went. Obviously I expect Oppenheimer to do much better, but we definitely need the Top Gun: Maverick audience (as in adults) to really show up for this to be a success.

Ace

Well I'll be damned; definitely didn't expect this.

Ace wrote:
June 1st, 2023, 1:54 pm

Some sexuality, nudity and language.

Is that Danny Deferrari as Fermi to Oppenheimer's left at 0:06? If so, then that seems to confirm that this indeed is the 1949 GAC meeting (plus Strauss).

Some neat news, sounds like Universal might be providing both scope and flat DCPs for regular theatres.

Basically an issue that cropped up on Dunkirk, Tenet and Nope is because of the 2.20 ratio, for the highest resolution they sent out flat DCPs (so image is letterboxed in 1.85 frame) and a lot of regular cinemas with 2.40:1 screens couldn’t manually set up and adjust projector lenses as instructed to have the image fill full height of screens, so it played “window boxed” with black bars all around. This solves that issue for these screens, at expense of some resolution. Already baking in pillarboxing in left and right of the image to preserve the 2.20 frame.