Oppenheimer - General Information

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
I don't think Emily Blunt herself knows if they are going to Cannes, let alone her stylist.

While it's possible that Twitter account jumped to that conclusion (after all, there isn't a clear confirmation in her stylist's comment), some films have already been selected or are at least being courted (not everything is decided the day before the line up announcement). So, it's possible the talent involved and their teams are in the know.

I just thought it was worth posting.

I don't really know if that's confirmation. I gonna wait till it's confirmed by Universal directly before I believe it. Also, I think Cannes has recently built an IMAX theater, but I don't think it's 70mm, though?

radewart wrote:
February 4th, 2023, 5:08 pm
I don't really know if that's confirmation. I gonna wait till it's confirmed by Universal directly before I believe it. Also, I think Cannes has recently built an IMAX theater, but I don't think it's 70mm, though?
Yes, I'm waiting for the trades to confirm too. But I won't lie: I'm really hopeful now.

The comment of the stylist is very vague, she doesn't mention Cannes. Obviously we're going to hear a lot about Emily Blunt in 2023, Cannes or not. She has various projects released this year and will obviously promo and red carpet for them.
I've already said whatI thought about Worldofreel: there is stuff at the bottom of my garbage disposal that deserve less to be thrown away.
Anyway, there is absolutely no confirmation. Stop creating signs.

Btw, there was a big Nolan interview in a French magazine (Premiere) in March the year of the release of Dunkirk, which was a really good interview, where he mentioned lots of influence(Clouzot, Murnau...) and was the first mention of his desire to make a movie relying on visual language, so maybe big infos will arrive in a month.
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=16766&start=4060

Demoph wrote:
February 4th, 2023, 7:20 pm
The comment of the stylist is very vague, she doesn't mention Cannes.
The thing is she was replying to an Instagram post about the film premiering there. But I totally get what you mean.

They're just going with what the other magazine said.