Oppenheimer - General Information

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Waitedalongtime wrote:
December 23rd, 2022, 8:58 am
A Borges man wrote:
December 22nd, 2022, 11:25 pm
Oku wrote:
December 22nd, 2022, 6:12 am
Yeah, what does his track record look like?
Because the color switch happening at the time of detonation sounds like it's the majority consensus right now, but I don't think it lines up with what Mr. Nolan said in the Total Film interview.

Nonetheless, if this is a real leak, then I'm glad to hear about the no-show of Hiroshima/Nagasaki, which is sure to disappoint spectacle-hungry folk but makes sense given everything that we've come to know about the film.

I am, however, worried about how the detonation not being shown until the final moments of the film is gonna play in terms of audience reception, given how heavily it's been teased by the regular trailer, the IMAX trailer, and the latest poster.

I can definitely see a negative audience reception along the lines of, "We had to wait two hours for that and it's over? That's it?", reminiscent of Godzilla (2014) and people's disappointment at how little Godzilla was in it.
As far as everyone running with this one theory is concerned, I doubt the trinity test is being saved for last. I'm trying not to make any assumptions about structure. The book is linear, there is a lot of raw material to sculpt with. Knowing Nolan, their will be structured approach, but I want it to be something unexpected: I don't want it to be a Memento like structure, where the color (past) Black and White (present) alternate or a Citizen Kane/Social Network structure of testimonies that push and pull the narrative through different time. OR it could be like Batman Begins where associations connect the different moments in time.

Since none of the major players, where at Hiroshima or Nagasaki, I also hope we don't get spectacle set pieces of them.
I wonder how that'll be handled since obviously Hiroshima especially can't be ignored. I'm betting it won't be shown but merely stated onscreen and if we see anything it'll be the awful results. It'll hit Oppenheimer and start both his guilt and also his attempt at redemption, as well as the collapse of his professional life.
Archive news reel footage.

hasanahmad wrote:
December 22nd, 2022, 2:47 am
Take this as a rumor but some leaker who has leaked in past after i asked him to dm me what he knows says about the plot line
The movie is separated into 2 portions. Black and White and Color. The sequences in Color happen before the detonation while Black and White happens after detonation. The detonation is actually shown at the end of the movie as a long sequence but the sequencing is done in classic nolan style ala Memento + Dunkirk where the timelines of his being called a communist and public humiliation and the time he starts helping US build a nuclear bomb converge on the final scene whcih is a detonation. There is apparently no hiroshima shown. so essentially if the movie was shown in sequence it would be start of nuclear testing followed by detonation followed by public humiliation, but Nolan builds tension and converges both parts of his life converge onto the sequence which is as of now over 3-4 minutes long (detonation)
Fascinating

KEM
Love a good New Rockstars breakdown video, watched it right after they posted it!!

"I received an email from a person who worked on the tech crew of “Oppenheimer.”"

lol.

The Special One wrote:
December 24th, 2022, 1:52 am
Nice, but looks like he fell for those faked images as well. Or did he just use them as a reference maybe to illustrate the process of filming everything without CGI?

Insomniac wrote:
December 29th, 2022, 5:06 pm
"I received an email from a person who worked on the tech crew of “Oppenheimer.”"

lol.
Yes, this is just so random lmfao.

Insomniac wrote:
December 29th, 2022, 5:06 pm

lol.
Any inside info?