Oppenheimer - General Information

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
If Will McCrabb isn’t the source, I don’t believe it!

He's definitely talking about Avatar: The Way of Water and not Oppenheimer.

Oku
At first glance I thought it was a cheeky jab at Mr. Nolan's comments from Dunkirk's press tour that Dunkirk was VR without the goggles, but yeah, no, he's defo talking about Avatar 2.

Insomniac wrote:
December 1st, 2022, 3:16 pm
He's definitely talking about Avatar: The Way of Water and not Oppenheimer.
Right

Oppenheimer or Avatar 2 we are getting the trailer this month. Excited.

This is it, we are finally entering the famous Christopher Nolan's month! It's always so exciting, I think it is very likely that the first trailer will appear with the release of Avatar: The Way of Water. As for the prologue, I also thought about the fact that there might not be one, or (let's hope very much) that if there is a prologue, that he will try a new approach (a new promo since his arrival at Universal?!) according to the artistic stakes of this new project.

As for how Nolan could approach the balance between black and white and color, I myself have thought about the first part of the film being in black and white, and (it is even certain! ), considering it's a biopic about Oppenheimer's life(and the fact that it'll cover a lot of years in his life), so it's about a man, the central point, the pivotal point has always been considered and will be considered as the creation of the atomic bomb. So I think that the moment of the detonation (the Trinity test) will be the turning point, and from that moment on, the film will go into color, I think that there is really something very interesting to play with on that level, and knowing Nolan, I think he will have the intelligence to play on this conceptual approach of time by telling the life of this man, how this creation has impacted him, and therefore aesthetically/creatively speaking, the second part of the film would be on this type of character's study, where his moments of life would be from now on always placed in the eyes of the creation of the bomb, this one being from now on existing in the eyes of humanity. Anyway, I don't know if I made myself very clear but just thinking about it is very exciting.
If there is a prologue (and also the trailer but the trailer, especially with Nolan, is never fully revealing of the artistic and conceptual issues that Nolan wants to put forward for his films, in general, the prologues put much more light on that), I think we will know more about the intentions of Nolan.

Anyway, this is it, we are so close, I absolutely can't wait!!
:gonf: :gonf:

The thing is that scene in the teaser of Robert walking down a corridor surrounded by photographers and journalists is post Manhattan project/Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings (when he pretty much became a celebrity) and it's in black and white.

I actually think it would make more sense to go black and white afterwards.

Ace
Interview with one of the assistant editors working on the film, Scott Ross.
Says he finishes work on the film in January,

https://dailyjournalonline.com/communit ... 0ab54.html
Asked if Nolan is an interesting director to work with, Ross said, “Yeah, he’s super-smart, a genius, basically. We’re working on the film Oppenheimer right now. It’s coming out in July. His movies are always hits because people just sit and wait for them to come out. Then they have to come out and see it like twice to understand them. They have a huge cast. It’s got Cillian Murphy, who is playing Oppenheimer. Then it’s got Robert Downey Jr., Matt Damon, Emily Blunt, Florence Pugh, Rami Malek, Kenneth Branagh, Gary Oldman — everybody is in this movie.”

Ross described what his job entails when working on a Christopher Nolan film.

“He has a film crew and an added crew, which is the digital, computer stuff,” he said. “But he shoots film, they send it back to the one lab that is still open on Earth, which is in Burbank. It’s called FotoKem. They process the film, and they give it to us. The film crew puts it all together in order — like, this is scene 62, take 1, 2, 3, 4. They organize it all. We get a digital version that they make from the film. We put it in the computer, organize all that, send it to the editor and the editor cuts until [Nolan] is done shooting the movie. He comes in, and he has 10 or 12 weeks to do his director’s cut to show to the studio. Then we are there organizing everything and ordering visual effects, working on the sound, turning it over to the music people — the composer — yeah, a lot of stuff.

Ross then shared what he described as a “kind of a fun fact.”

“In Dark Knight, I have 14 lines,” he said. “Like I do AER when you loop lines that aren’t there, and I play every SWAT guy at the end of the movie. I got paid, so I’m SAG (Screen Actors Guild) eligible now. They were just going to keep my voice in, but I asked, ‘Can you pay me one day, and I’ll pay you back?’ You have to pay a penalty for not using a SAG actor, which is 500 bucks. They said, ‘Don’t worry, we’ll pay it for you anyway. I have two lines in Inception, nine in Dark Knight Rises, six in Interstellar — and I did all those for free because they did me that favor.

When I finish Oppenheimer in January, I’m going back to Missouri and my brother and I are going to finish three of the music videos. Then, we’re going to package it as an album and go from there and see what happens.”

Forum Pro
Ace wrote:
December 7th, 2022, 1:47 pm

Asked if Nolan is an interesting director to work with, Ross said, “Yeah, he’s super-smart, a genius, basically. We’re working on the film Oppenheimer right now. It’s coming out in July. His movies are always hits because people just sit and wait for them to come out. Then they have to come out and see it like twice to understand them. They have a huge cast. It’s got Cillian Murphy, who is playing Oppenheimer. Then it’s got Robert Downey Jr., Matt Damon, Emily Blunt, Florence Pugh, Rami Malek, Kenneth Branagh, Gary Oldman — everybody is in this movie.”

“He has a film crew and an added crew, which is the digital, computer stuff,” he said. “But he shoots film, they send it back to the one lab that is still open on Earth, which is in Burbank. It’s called FotoKem. They process the film, and they give it to us. The film crew puts it all together in order — like, this is scene 62, take 1, 2, 3, 4. They organize it all. We get a digital version that they make from the film. We put it in the computer, organize all that, send it to the editor and the editor cuts until [Nolan] is done shooting the movie. He comes in, and he has 10 or 12 weeks to do his director’s cut to show to the studio. Then we are there organizing everything and ordering visual effects, working on the sound, turning it over to the music people — the composer — yeah, a lot of stuff.

“In Dark Knight, I have 14 lines,” he said. “Like I do AER when you loop lines that aren’t there, and I play every SWAT guy at the end of the movie. I got paid, so I’m SAG (Screen Actors Guild) eligible now. They were just going to keep my voice in, but I asked, ‘Can you pay me one day, and I’ll pay you back?’ You have to pay a penalty for not using a SAG actor, which is 500 bucks. They said, ‘Don’t worry, we’ll pay it for you anyway. I have two lines in Inception, nine in Dark Knight Rises, six in Interstellar — and I did all those for free because they did me that favor.

When I finish Oppenheimer in January, I’m going back to Missouri and my brother and I are going to finish three of the music videos. Then, we’re going to package it as an album and go from there and see what happens.”
All fascinating little tidbits, thanks for sharing!

Ace wrote:
December 7th, 2022, 1:47 pm

Thanks